Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Plz! No Sound from Stereo at All

20K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  stratosproject 
#1 ·
I recently had a massive soda spillage all over the driver seat/wheel/dashboard. The radio turns on, but no sound comes from any speaker in the car. The blinkers still function but no ticking sound. Just like to know what im going to need to have replaced. thanks in advance

p.s. yes, i do see it as a possibility that the door speaker may be damaged, but then that wouldn't explain why i don't have any sound emitting from any other speaker. so weather the speaker is blown, or the wire harness is dirty, nothing seems to solve the stereo issue. the stereo itself seems to function fine. There's just no sound from any speaker. fuse i should check? please any and all ideas are welcome

-Cory
09 chevy cobalt LS

#4 ·
I don't know if the stock headunits have it or not but the aftermarket decks have a speaker fuse on the back, worth taking a look at.

#7 ·
^ this! My factory radio was stuck on CD Saturday, and I punched it. Needless to say it didn't fix it and I broke the screen. So I bought an Avic D3 Sunday. Hoping to install it soon. I have sounds but no control over the radio, and it's stuck on CD :/.

My Stepbrother is having the same issue as you in his 08 Sport. No sound, even the blinker noise. everything else seems normal. I have to look at that this upcoming weekend, let us know if you figure it out!

#8 ·
My Stepbrother is having the same issue as you in his 08 Sport. No sound, even the blinker noise. everything else seems normal. I have to look at that this upcoming weekend, let us know if you figure it out!
thats what i cant figure out. i bet even if you replace the display it still wont play

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

im about to replace the whole stereo with the same unit this week. love the stock 09 -2010 gm radio.

#9 ·
If you have the uplevel pioneer radio the amp has a separate fuse from the radio.

#10 ·
<solved> well because i couldnt wait till this week where id have time to pick up a new radio, i used my tech background and opened the radio and checked all the capacitors, looked for burn marks. and i found nothing but soda residue on the pcb mainboard. I wentout and purchased some power wash(link below) and its really a miracle product. i used to clean iphone and ipod motherboards with it all the time at work. Sure as shit, i put it back together after a good power wash and all is fixed. saved me buying a new radio. I just wanted to pass this information down to the next person with a soda/water damaged radio. BUY THIS SHIT! Coat the mainboard in the spray (be fast it air drys very fast) and scrub with a dry toothbrush till residue of the spill is gone. </solved>
-cheers-

Precision Electronics Cleaner - RadioShack.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.