Front Speaker Replacement - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Register Home Forums Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

YourCobalt.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Newcomer

Front Speaker Replacement

I read on another forum that if the front speakers on my 2006 Cobalt LT are replaced with aftermarket speakers that new screw holes need to be drilled out to accommodate them even if they're the correct 6 3/4 size. It even went so far as to say that I would need to waterproof around the bracket to keep rain water out Is this true or will any speaker of the correct size fit properly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to XFE
The correct speaker size is 6 1/2

Check this out > http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/ins...light=speakers

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Welcome to the forum BTW!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:58 AM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
YC to the rescue
-83 2 door S-10 Blazer- Getting fully customized.|Bags|body drop|everything shaved|Cadillac tails|fiber glass ram air hood|20's|400 V8|plus way too much to list!|also, lobalt will be able to drive it someday!| lol
Old 03-13-2010, 03:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
I had mine replaced by a local shop and they install 6 1/2's, made a new mount for them and no waterproofing. As long as all your door seals are good, no need to waterproof.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
Old 08-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangelove262 View Post
I read on another forum that if the front speakers on my 2006 Cobalt LT are replaced with aftermarket speakers that new screw holes need to be drilled out to accommodate them even if they're the correct 6 3/4 size. It even went so far as to say that I would need to waterproof around the bracket to keep rain water out Is this true or will any speaker of the correct size fit properly?
That is completely correct. i had the same problem.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Newcomer

guys simple solution found this out after ordering a bracket and not being able to get the door panel back flat, take the stock speaker and cut the speaker off the mount then break off the top ring from stock stuff screw ur new speaker in and its perfect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread