Wife's Radio in an 07 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Register Home Forums Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

YourCobalt.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Newcomer

Wife's Radio in an 07

My wife & I went out to dinner last night in her Cobalt. Since my Monte Carlo was just washed & waxed . She tells me her RADIO is doing strange things. So I turn it on. And it goes changing stations all by itself and radio keeps going in & out. Now we're both retired and don't blast the Radio's in our cars. You know what they say. Happy wife...........Happy life ! So can someone please help me with this ? THANK YOU.......Rick

Last edited by Coby7; 10-12-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Good morning Ricks2006SS,

Welcome to the forum!
I checked the resources I've got and am unable to provide any troubleshooting information on this particular issue. Hopefully other community members will jump on soon and help you move towards a resolution for your wife's Cobalt!

If you had ever wanted for me to check into recall or warranty information on your GM vehicles, or were looking to work with a dealership and wanted for me to check into anything further with them, don't hesitate to contact me here on the forum via private message (include the last 8 digits of your VIN).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
Old 10-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Sometimes the buttons stick (opening soda pops biggest culprit here) With radio off try pressing the scan and seek buttons multiple times to see if it will release. If the Cobalt has redundant radio controls your clock spring might have failed or one of the buttons.

If you ever reach the point where your wife is happy let me know your secret and how much it cost???

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Old 10-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCustSvc View Post
Good morning Ricks2006SS,

Welcome to the forum!
I checked the resources I've got and am unable to provide any troubleshooting information on this particular issue. Hopefully other community members will jump on soon and help you move towards a resolution for your wife's Cobalt!

If you had ever wanted for me to check into recall or warranty information on your GM vehicles, or were looking to work with a dealership and wanted for me to check into anything further with them, don't hesitate to contact me here on the forum via private message (include the last 8 digits of your VIN).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
Thank you Sarah for your help

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Since I belong to a Chevelle club here in Mn. A guy in the club told to take it to his dealer and for $ 29.99. Do both of mine with in 20 mins. So I just got back. I never even finished my coffee and she was ready to go. They also said that I had the old ones they would fix them for only $10.00 each & you wouldn't have to buy new ones and you wouldn't have to re program them. But since I already had the new ones in hand Why not use them. So all is good. Thanks your everyone that tried to help me. Nice group on here. Thanks again Rick & Carmen

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Sometimes the buttons stick (opening soda pops biggest culprit here) With radio off try pressing the scan and seek buttons multiple times to see if it will release. If the Cobalt has redundant radio controls your clock spring might have failed or one of the buttons.

If you ever reach the point where your wife is happy let me know your secret and how much it cost???
I understand that Coby7. Been married 47 yrs!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread