Need Help - Please Post a Photo - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Register Home Forums Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

YourCobalt.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Newcomer

Need Help - Please Post a Photo

Could someone with a 2007 Cobalt with the 2.2 ecotec engine post a photo of the thermostat housing (located on the drivers side about half way down the engine at the rear by the firewall)? I need to replace my grandsons thermostat tomorrow morning and it is a 100 mile drive for me to do that and would like to see what I am up against! He does not have a camera to do this for me so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Gene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Subforum Moderator
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
Subforum Moderator

Garage
Old 10-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Newcomer

Yes, I already saw that pic of the HR but I also saw a pic of a 2007 Cobalt thermostat housing with just the large hose connection, not two?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Subforum Moderator
Subforum Moderator

Garage
a 2007 or not, all of the engines are generally the same as far as parts and where they go. they may be slightly different, but if you get the part from the parts store, that will tell you if it has two places for hoses or not. i'm assuming one is part of the main plumbing system and the other is for the overflow. either way, it will be in the same place. just find the right part number for his year/model
Old 10-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Newcomer

I already have the new thermostat, of course that does not show me anything. I own a 2011 Malibu with the 2.4 and beleive me I would not want to change the thermostat on that as you could never get a wrench or socket on the housing 10mm bolts as there is a tube running directly over one of them and no room anywhere! That is why I want to see an actual pic of a 2007 to see if it was like that?
Thanks for trying to help
Old 10-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Subforum Moderator
Subforum Moderator

Garage
can you grab the part number off of the new one? i'll look a little deeper into it

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

How to Change the Thermostat in a Cobalt | eHow.com

that might help
Old 10-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Newcomer

Got car fixed, took about 30 minutes and in case anybody is interested here is a pic of the 2007 Cobalt 2.2 thermostat housing. Did not even have to remove the hose but is a little hard to get to. And yes when the DIC throws a P0128 code it most likely is the thermostat that needs replacing as there is a rubber o-ring inside the tsat that fails. Reset the "Check Engine" light with my OBDII and all is well again!

Old 11-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Here are a few more pictures to better orient people with the job ahead of them. These pictures were taken from a 2009 2.2 that my friends son had put a CAI on. He hit a puddle of water and his car swallowed some water and blew a nice hole in one of the pistons. I guess you can't compress water.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help - Please Post a Photo-imag0179.jpg   Need Help - Please Post a Photo-imag0181.jpg   Need Help - Please Post a Photo-imag0182.jpg  

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread