Washer fluid pump problem.....HELP - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Register Home Forums Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Chevy Cobalt Owners Lounge General Chevy Cobalt discussion

YourCobalt.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via MSN to rickdarris2004
Washer fluid pump problem.....HELP

Well it was really crappy rainy and cold here on Friday. I had use of my washer fluid then and now it doesnt do anything. I refilled the washer fluid tank with the extra low temp deicer, but it still doesnt wanna work. I narrowed it to either a fuse or the pump actually being shot. Just let me know if any of you have experienced this.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Forum Regular

Well if you press the button and you don't hear the pump coming on it's going to be either a poor connection to the pump, fuse, or pump itself. If you hear the pump actually working but nothing coming out, check for a loose line, broken line or clogged up filter in the bottom of the washer fluid container.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Forum Regular

Do you know whereabouts the pump is, right below the container in the wheel well i am guessing.....
Old 11-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Forum Regular

Detach the hose and connector from the washer pump. Using a screwdriver, unscrew the two lower screws and the upper screw that attach the reservoir to the car. Then, lift out the reservoir.
Locate the air induction assembly and the two retainers that are on the reservoir and undo them. Next, remove the washer pump by pulling it out of the reservoir.
Install the windshield washer reservoir, by first attaching the pump to it. Then, put the two retainers and the air induction assembly back where they belong. Next, put the reservoir assembly in your Chevy Cobalt, redo the screws.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the help. That damn thing was a biatch to get to. Took everything apart to find that the fluid I had in there was frozen. All I had to do was throw in some deicer and put a hair drier on it for about an hour.

Closed Thread