Is Chevy Going to Lose Sales? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cruze Discussion General Chevy Cruze Discussion

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular
 
That5Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 127
Is Chevy Going to Lose Sales?

I know Chevy thought it was a good idea to rid the world of cobalt. Which may or may not turn out to be good. But My dealer used to cycle through coalts pretty quick. People bought them. Now, I see the Cruze there instead of cobalts. And theres a TON of them on the lots. You know how many people have bought since they got them in? One. That's what a friend of mine (whose a salesman) told me. He said they arent selling near as well as the balts did.
How is the turnout in you guys' dealerships? Good or bad?

Slammed to the ground, yo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profficial View Post
Remember 3rd gear is the money shot, once you pass him just yell "Ecotec just kicked in yo!"
That5Speed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Subforum Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
Subforum Moderator


 
Beamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,780
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
I have only seen 1, just one cruze driving around since it was released. Now granted I only drive a small section of roads but I can go out anytime and see atleast 5 different cobalts
Beamer is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Cobalt Master
 
padlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,545
Garage
give it time.. cobalts probably didnt sell quick either within the first few months

padlock is offline  
 
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Get Out The Sawzall
Staff AlumniCobalt Master
 
DROPPEDATBIRTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sewickley, Pa
Posts: 1,856
Garage
I think it will take some time, but realistically I might have seen maybe 10 so far on the road and I drive all over the east coast. Price plays a big role in car sales and these days people do not have the extra cash. Don't forget probably half of the country are not car people and could care less if the drive a nissan versa or a chevy aveo, they are looking for a car in a certain price point, not the car, a car.
DROPPEDATBIRTH is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
MP81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Washington Township, Michigan
Posts: 5,688
Garage
I see a million Cruzes.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Cold Air Intake, Dual MTX 12" Thunder6000 Subs, Pioneer Speakers, Camaro Front Seats
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - Project Car
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - New DD
MP81 is online now  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 73
Ive seen at least 6 and I live in a rural area so thats a good number. If they had a coupe version, I'd have bought one instead of my loaded Cobalt on clear out sales...
SummitWhite is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Cobalt Specialist
 
Nighthawk243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pistolvania
Posts: 1,218
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by That5Speed View Post
I know Chevy thought it was a good idea to rid the world of cobalt. Which may or may not turn out to be good. But My dealer used to cycle through coalts pretty quick. People bought them. Now, I see the Cruze there instead of cobalts. And theres a TON of them on the lots. You know how many people have bought since they got them in? One. That's what a friend of mine (whose a salesman) told me. He said they arent selling near as well as the balts did.
How is the turnout in you guys' dealerships? Good or bad?
That is because the base model cruze costs more than the base/LS cobalt did. Those base trim cobalts were popular because they were cheap and not as cramped/gutless as the Aveo. I remember when the base model cobalts without power anything were in the 13K range brand new. The lowest trim Cruze starts off in the low 17K range. Makes a huge difference in monthly payments. The closest car GM offers in the former price range of the Cobalt is the Aveo/Sonic.

Anyways, I've only seen about 3 Cruze vehicles in person (driving around, not sitting on the dealer lot) since launch.


GM Stage II | 2nd Gen Projectors | 5000K Low Beams | 3000K HID Fogs | LED Tails| SS/TC Seats
▲RIP 2007 G5: Totalled 1/26/10▲

Last edited by Nighthawk243; 03-09-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Nighthawk243 is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Forum Regular
 
Jimbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 129
If I could unload my cobalt, I'd buy a cruze.
Jimbug is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular
 
That5Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk243 View Post
That is because the base model cruze costs more than the base/LS cobalt did. Those base trim cobalts were popular because they were cheap and not as cramped/gutless as the Aveo. I remember when the base model cobalts without power anything were in the 13K range brand new. The lowest trim Cruze starts off in the low 17K range. Makes a huge difference in monthly payments. The closest car GM offers in the former price range of the Cobalt is the Aveo/Sonic.

Anyways, I've only seen about 3 Cruze vehicles in person (driving around, not sitting on the dealer lot) since launch.
True. I do think you are correct about the pricing being a factor. I just wanted to know everyones thoughts.

Slammed to the ground, yo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profficial View Post
Remember 3rd gear is the money shot, once you pass him just yell "Ecotec just kicked in yo!"
That5Speed is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 03:11 PM
hawaii icon
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
agita_san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 3,075
Garage
I haven't seen a single cruze since it's release

Aspire to Inspire the Aspirations of the Inspirational
www.facebook.com/islandecotecs
agita_san is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome