Going to Be Getting a Chevy Cruze - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Chevy Cruze Discussion General Chevy Cruze Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Going to Be Getting a Chevy Cruze

Looking to trade in my 09 Cobalt and get a 15 Cruze. Now the one thing that's bugging me is I may not be able to get one with remote starter. Apparently thats a different package.
Is it true that if you have one installed by a place that it messes with the security system.

I have a garage and all but I still like that remote option for times when I'm parked somewhere that is outside.

I'd imagine I'm going to be getting the lowest model maybe an LS? It's not really my choice either. Cause it's my parents decision, they seem to like to let me use cars and trade them for new ones. Very thankful for that. But I was told the package to get the next model up with the remote starter is another $1000. Is it worth it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 01:22 PM
Subforum Moderator
Subforum Moderator

Don't get the ls!!!! It's awful!!! I actually had a cruze lt and I thought remote start was standard on the lt 's but could be wrong. Go for a 14 model the 15 just looks ugly.

Showoff thread finally!!!! : )
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...ustinb855.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
WRX are as nice as they get.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 01:23 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerContributor

Garage
I agree with at least getting the LT, try to avoid the LS.

2006 Cobalt SS/SC (Sold Miss Her)

2015 Evo GSR

2007 Acura TL

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 01:25 PM
Subforum Moderator
Subforum Moderator

I would go for a 14 lt vs an ls 15 it's probably cheaper to get the 14 now too if they have any left on the lot. Dealership near me was selling 14 lt with options for 13k new!!! My ss was only 700 bucks cheaper lol.

Quote:
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Seeing as Chevy site probably can't show me the options that a 2014 model has what are the differences between the 2 years and models. I see for 2015 they have like 1LT and 2LT. I'd imagine those are different package options?

Definitely something to consider if there is an issue with them. But it's not my choice, so kind of stuck with what is selected, but I'll definitely try to throw some input.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 01:42 PM
Subforum Moderator
Subforum Moderator

The structure is ls lt1 lt2 and ltz. You can pretty much option a 1lt to a 2 lt minus I think leather seats. Only difference in 14 and 15s is that ugly new front end and you get 4g in the 15

Quote:
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinb855 View Post
The structure is ls lt1 lt2 and ltz. You can pretty much option a 1lt to a 2 lt minus I think leather seats. Only difference in 14 and 15s is that ugly new front end and you get 4g in the 15
So what are the downsides of the LS? I'm not even sure what Cobalt I have right now. I have to go look lol. Pretty bad that I can't even remember. I have to obviously state my case if need be cause I already emailed him and told him I heard bad things about the LS. As for nose appearance. I could honeslty care less. I just want my remote starter lol.

I have a 2009 Cobalt LT, thus why it has the remote starter. He said he got a deal for that one. Hopefully I can swing him to go for at least a 1LT Cruze.

Last edited by mws_1984; 03-31-2015 at 02:04 PM.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 02:59 PM
Staff Alumni

As a cruze owner, do not get the LS. It's a 1.8L and it sucks. Get the 1.4T or diesel like me.

Sent from the sexy electrician

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinb855 View Post

And you get a trunk release button and and you led drl's down by the fogs, and you get lose a lot of flexibility within trim levels

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

The 1.4T has better fuel mileage, more power, better low end tq, easier to modify, a timing chain instead of a belt.

The 1.8 is like buying a v6 pickup truck, it'll do the job but you'll wish you bought the v8 the whole time you own it.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

If I were you I would try to get a 2014 with the z-link rear suspension. Handles so good it's ridiculous.

2005 Cobalt LS coupe - 8000k hids/l.e.d reverse lights/Debadged/GMPP intake/GMPP Performance catback/Kenwood indash dvd/Stock pioneer sub/Alpine 6.5's/Alpine 6x9's/Pioneer GM-7500M amplifier/Led dome light Sold to my brother
2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - Korean designed, American made, with an engine designed in Italy, built by Germans and mated to a Japanese transmission.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by money_man View Post
As a cruze owner, do not get the LS. It's a 1.8L and it sucks. Get the 1.4T or diesel like me.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

And you get a trunk release button and and you led drl's down by the fogs, and you get lose a lot of flexibility within trim levels

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

The 1.4T has better fuel mileage, more power, better low end tq, easier to modify, a timing chain instead of a belt.

The 1.8 is like buying a v6 pickup truck, it'll do the job but you'll wish you bought the v8 the whole time you own it.

Yeah gonna bea tough sell I think. I already got the "how can someone grade a car that just came out" when I made the comment I heard bad things about the LS.

You mean on the LS I would have to use a key to open the trunk, no button in the vehicle? Is there a button on the key fob or whatever you call that.

Here is the actual comment I got back.

the LS and the LT are the same car just different options the difference being over $1900.00 . Remote start kit for the LS is a little over $100.00 and is almost like LT . The LT is $21000. The LS is $19695.
How does someone grade a car that just came out and 2014s are still on the lots. $680. is only the option price not the difference of the base prices.

So I'm going to have to do some convincing or something to see what I can do. I don't see how it would be tough to get a good value on an 09 Cobalt LT and trade for a 15 Cruze LT. Just stinks I don't have alot of $ to work with if I tried to say "oh I'll cover the difference in price. I'd almost get the "you'd complain if they hung you with a new rope" Like I shouldn't be picky when I'm not paying for the car. I'd also get the don't go wasting your $ on this. When essentially I'd prefer not to lol.

Now I am in the position where it's like I'd want to get the LT if I can do it, just based on what others say, not because of my own decision. Bad habit, but I don't know that's how it is.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 04:00 PM
Staff Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws_1984 View Post
Yeah gonna bea tough sell I think. I already got the "how can someone grade a car that just came out" when I made the comment I heard bad things about the LS.

You mean on the LS I would have to use a key to open the trunk, no button in the vehicle? Is there a button on the key fob or whatever you call that.

Here is the actual comment I got back.

the LS and the LT are the same car just different options the difference being over $1900.00 . Remote start kit for the LS is a little over $100.00 and is almost like LT . The LT is $21000. The LS is $19695.

How does someone grade a car that just came out and 2014s are still on the lots. $680. is only the option price not the difference of the base prices.

The cruze LS runs the 1.8L which is a naturally aspirated engine. The LT and higher trims run the 1.4T which is night and day better. Anyone who tells you the LS is the same thing either is talking out of their ass or just doesn't know any better and therefore shouldn't say anything.

The 2011-2014 cruze has a button on the trunk to open it and a button on the switch blade key. The 2015 has those and a trunk release button below the stereo.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Btw, this car didn't just come out. It is the exact same car as the 2011-2014, the new one comes out for the 2016 model year. The 2015 only received little changes and a facelift. That's how we can judge the car even though it's brand new (2015)

2005 Cobalt LS coupe - 8000k hids/l.e.d reverse lights/Debadged/GMPP intake/GMPP Performance catback/Kenwood indash dvd/Stock pioneer sub/Alpine 6.5's/Alpine 6x9's/Pioneer GM-7500M amplifier/Led dome light Sold to my brother
2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - Korean designed, American made, with an engine designed in Italy, built by Germans and mated to a Japanese transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode