April YCOTM Contest Winner - Page 3 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Contests YourCobalt.Com contests

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Forum Regular

Congrats on your win
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:24 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerContributor

honestly if their was a better car that should have won then it should have won. I didn't ask for a single 1 of the votes I got, I'm not an overly active member and best forum buds with probably anybody on here so it wasn't my popularity that won. lol just because my car isn't a super fast racecar doesn't mean it shouldn't have won. I've got plenty of work into my car, and clearly it shows. maybe it won because it doesn't have the typical ss bodykit and still looks clean

Tinted, partial debadge, airbox mod, tinted tails, full stereo upgrade, 4caroption catback, TTR engine mount,ss fb, cm lowering springs

Coming soon:
custom amp enclosure, wheels, suspension and more!
SC build in the making?
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

I vote on what I think is the most well put together car AND I like originality.. I'm not a fan of just putting an ss kit on a ls.. I like to see something different. Just beciase you don't have your car set up to be superfast right now doesn't mean you did t work hard. I understand not everyone is gonna liike everything everybody does.. but you gotta at least show some respect to those who work hard

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Subforum Moderator
Subforum Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanman35 View Post
I vote on what I think is the most well put together car AND I like originality.. I'm not a fan of just putting an ss kit on a ls.. I like to see something different. Just because you don't have your car set up to be superfast right now doesn't mean you didn't work hard. I understand not everyone is gonna like everything everybody does.. but you gotta at least show some respect to those who work hard
Good enough reasoning for me. I entered the contest.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - a simple prop to occupy my time
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

About time!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 09:52 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Well you found my rant, I saw what happened to the SS/NA bumper but I wish you would have kept with it not gone to the body kit.

I'll be going with a KY stage 3 as well.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Subforum Moderator
Subforum Moderator

I show respect and congrates on the win. Hope that this month will be even better.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 08:30 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

I'm going to add that the SS body on a base isn't too big of a deal especially when it has the power and handing to back it up, as well as no SS badges.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 10:26 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerContributor

it really doesnt matter if the car has power to back it up. not everybody who owns a cobalt is looking to drive a racecar. if somebody wants to put an ss kit on a base model with nothing else touched that's their choice.
i parked at a show with 2 tc cobalt, guess who's car got more compliments. and this wasnt a show where neons are flashing and every 2nd car has lambo doors and chrome everywhere. i'd call it more of a meet tbh.
there was also an sc and 2 2.4s. the kit on the car isn't crazy and off the wall, it fits the car well and doesnt throw off anything. scythe_snake on css has complimented my car and said he was considering this kit after seeing it on my car. and he a higher hp cobalt.

Tinted, partial debadge, airbox mod, tinted tails, full stereo upgrade, 4caroption catback, TTR engine mount,ss fb, cm lowering springs

Coming soon:
custom amp enclosure, wheels, suspension and more!
SC build in the making?
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Subforum Moderator
Subforum Moderator

Garage
Different people will undoubtedly have different ideas and opinions on what looks good and what doesn't. If there was one common formula, then we'd have no originality or reason to do what we do. I personally dislike his kit, but I will defend his right and others to like it.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - a simple prop to occupy my time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode