Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

E85 Tune Necessities

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  AtownSSt/c 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally got the parts I need to tune(intake mod w/ ZZP intake tube and k&n dropin filter, LNF 3in downpipe w/ exhaust cutout, ZZP upper charge pipe). I was looking into an E85 because I dont have 93octane gas around me to E47. I was just wondering what necessities I might need to do this tune? I know I will need a new filter after a 1000 or so miles, but what else should I look into? Also does anyone recommend upgrading my bpv spring? And if anyone wants to throw out any estimated guesses on some numbers I might hit with the tune that would be cool. Thanks!

#2 ·
Assuming you're LNF, to run full E85 you probably need the cams with the bigger fuel lobe as well as the Opel injectors, assuming you're at sea level.
If your car is pre 2010, you'd be wise to get upgraded injector seals (they do come with the Opel injectors).
Why can't you run E47? You don't need 93 octane necessarily. 91 is the highest I can get here and I run E47.

#3 ·
Ya, I have a 2008 Cobalt Ss turbo. Dad really!? I'd need all that!? And I was thinking about running the e47 but figured constantly mixing gas would b pain. And I read that e47 was a mixture of 93 and e85 and since I dnt have 93 around me, I was gonna just run the e85

#4 ·
Ya i am (08 cobalt ss). Dang! Ddnt think I'd need to go that far with the mods.I can't do cams, I live in Cali. Stupid smog! I ddnt know I could run e47 with 91, everywhere I read it was 93 mixed with e85. And I figured constantly mixing gas would b a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.