Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crankshaft

1K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  tjules8949 
#1 ·
Ok so i might have heard this wrong or gotten wrong info idk....but does a supercharger use the crankshaft or something like that, with the pulley belt as it moves and if so wouldnt that wear out the crankshaft? And if so what are some possible options to prevent my crankshaft from popping off or something bad happening.

#4 ·
I am but my friend keeps telling me to supercharge it instead so i decided to just check it out for once and see how it all works

#6 ·
Always haha i got so many things i wanna do that im sure if i did the math it would last me until i was like 25-28 years old and im only 18 well...19 i guess but yeah

#7 ·
Having owned a turbocharged and supercharged ecotec the turbo is more fun even though it's stock and pushing less power than I was with the supercharged l61, plus it's a lot easier to get more power out of the turbo when you want to upgrade again

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Either way, in a year or two after I get it back up and running the g5 will be getting twincharged. Wanna get some miles on the engine before I add even more boost and the added tuning complications

#8 ·
Twincharged?! How much is that gonna cost ?? i coyld never afford that...or atleast i dont think i can.

#12 ·
Ah well, at least I got a warranty from ZZP this way. I'm pretty excited to see how the twincharged setup works for you! It's definitely gonna be unique since most people who want max power just go turbo only.

#14 ·
Hahah i like the way you think man, and also i have been debating on either buying a zzp turbo kit and having them install or buy it and get someone else to install it here in MD. Michigan is just to far away

#15 ·
That's a long drive to have them install it haha, and if you really want to drive to Michigan for the install just stop on by we could get it knocked out in a few hours

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Always wanted to do a turbo install...

#16 ·
Yeah, but i mean i still got about a year or so to think about it since im not working right now and i would stop by but i probably wouldnt know where to help out with install i kinda wanna learn as well.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

And also if its gonna take zzp longer than a day i dont want to stay in a motel/hotel for the night waiting for them to finish the next day

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.