I figured, they aren't posted anywhere, so I'll post them here where all the new people, and older people can read these.
Although the administrators and moderators of Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. That being said, here are some laws to lay down:
= Post whoring is somebody who posts mostly meaningless messages consisting of one word or just emoticons. They have an unsaid ability to magically appear in any thread at any given time to add crucial arguements to the debate at hand. These said crucial arguements include ground-breaking conjectures such as "what," "oh," or a curiously little smilie who is blue, and yet neither happy nor sad.
Off Topic Posts
= Now by this I do not mean posts in the Off Topic Chat Forum
. You can go on about what ever you want to there, because lets face it, nothing "important" is talked about there.
What I am talking about is, If a member makes a new thread about "LED's" and members are posting in it, and are holding a "conversation" about what they were doing at work today, that has absolutely
nothing to do with the topic of the thread. This is no longer going to be tolerated. By this happening it hinders the search feature
and leads threads that actually have a helpful/meaningful purpose to take a turn for the worse.
If you feel the need to "talk" to a member on the boards, please feel free to send them a Private message or leave them a Visitor Message by viewing their profile page.
No flaming, trolling or rude posts
- Please be respectful of other members and please keep discussions tasteful. Rude comments about any of our members will not be tolerated. Do not make posts that will start arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing, deletion, or editing of the post and the suspension of the posting member's account.
- If you feel the need to "swear" in a post, please just type the word how it is spelled. We have a "foul language" blocker on this forum, and if one of the words you typed is blocked that is fine. Leave it that way. DO NOT
edit the word to make it look like a "swear" word. If it's blocked...it's blocked, deal with it. If you continue to post profanity and are seen finding ways around the profanity blocker, you will be warned via Private Message. If it continues, You will receive and Infraction and so on and so forth.
Where to post your new thread
- Please take 5 seconds when making your new thread and think about what forum it belongs in. For Example: If you are making a thread about your brakes making a weird noise, It belongs in the "Problems & Service" Forum. Example 2: If you make a thread about your new headlights, It would belong in the "Interior/Exterior Styling" Forum.
- Please use the search feature before asking or starting a new thread/topic. This will alleviate multiple posts/threads asking the same thing over and over again.
- Report the posts/threads that are offensive and need reviewed by the staff, this will not only help us keep track of the issues at hand, but will also speed up our time as staff members to resolving such issues.
- PLEASE DON'T WRITE IN ALL CAPS! It's annoying and really hard to read. Also, please feel free to use abbreviations as well as acronyms (if you'd like to), and please use periods and correct sentences. Nobody likes reading something that has no periods to show seperation of sentences.
Research before answering
- Please do a little research before answering someone's question or problems. False information can be quite disastrous for some people, so please give good knowledgeable answers. IF your answer is WRONG, please don't criticize the constructive criticism you may receive from being corrected, but rather admit you were wrong and learn from it. I have admitted more than once here when I was wrong or when I learned something.
- The YourCobalt staff ask you to please contact the moderators first if there are any issues/problems that you may have with either the site or any of the other members on the forums, as the Moderators are able to resolve many of the issues you may experience at hand. Please, try not to contact the Administrator(s) directly for simple problems, unless advised to do so by a Moderator. The Administrator(s) are busy enough as it is, lets try to keep them on a lighter load.
These are the rules as of right now, if they are to be changed, deleted or added to, this post will be changed accordingly. Please obide by these rules and lets keep these forums clean and friendly so that we may gain many more members.