ZZP/Megan Racing/Tsudo Differences? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Forum FAQ's and How-to's (READ FIRST) This is a forum for all members to use when they have questions about anything on the forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

ZZP/Megan Racing/Tsudo Differences?

Obviously everyone has their preferences on exhausts, and pricing and quality very quite a bit. I've seen plenty of "what exhaust do you PREFER threads" but what I am curious in is the objective differences between ZZP, Megan Racing, and Tsudo catbacks. I plan to put a new catback on my 2007 Cobalt LS 2.2L in January, and honestly I would rather not buy an exhaust because someone else happens to like the sound on their specific car. I was told for MONTHS by forum users(of a different forum obviously for a different community) not to put Flowmaster Super 40s on my Grand Prix GT because it would sound "raspy" and "tinny" and "be the worst possible exhaust". I had a friend convince me to go ahead and do it because it was fairly cheap anyways, replaced the mufflers, and it was very deep, rumbly, no rasp, and everyone that ever heard it absolutely loved it and wanted to know what was done to the car. Made me wonder if anyone from that forum had even heard one of those cars with those mufflers or if they were just repeating what they heard. So what I want to know is not "what do you like" but what are the DIFFERENCES between these brands. Is one significantly louder? Does one have drone that is harsh on your ears at 3k rpm on the highway? Is one almost as quiet as stock? I've looked up plenty of sound clips and they seem very similar. I would like something that isn't so loud that it's unbearable on the highway, but that also isn't dead silent at idle. I would like to hear the exhaust while sitting at lights/signs/etc. I don't want my car to just be silent any time I'm not flooring it, that seems to be a waste of several hundred dollars, I could just keep it stock if I wanted that. To be clear I'm not looking to do headers. Maybe a downpipe when my cat goes, but not looking for a FULL system, I don't feel the need to spend $1,000+ for a few horsepower. Just wanting a nice deep sound that's louder than stock. Thank you for any suggestions, advice, or personal experiences you might have to share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
catback , exhaust , megan racing , tsudo , zzp

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode