Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Sure What My Cobalt Trim Is

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  MP81 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if I post this here bc it is mostly styling not really a problem so here goes...Ok I have a 2008 Cobalt coupe well when I bought it I was told it was an LT well I believe that's untrue because I have yet to see an LT with a 5-Speed Manual but my car has the good speakers, sunroof, auto locks/windows, but then again it doesn't have (not sure if it ever had one) a key fob for remote lock/unlock but the main thing that's irritating me is the fact that when I got it it had (still has) a special edition badge on the back which is only for the LT I believe but the car has a plain body kit and no stripes (car is black) so I'm pretty positive it's an LS with a fake SE badge (no LS,LT,etc. on car at all) I mean really it doesn't matter but it's kind of irritating lol. Let me know your opinions please

#2 ·
Check the RPO sticker in the trunk under the mat to the left of the spare. It will tell you everything. Or take a picture and we'll decipher it for you . It will also tell you if it came with FOBs

#4 ·
Yeah i own an LT Manual its my first car im pretty sure all cobalt trims have a manual but i could be wrong but i do know LT's have 5 speed especially cause i need new front tires ?

#7 ·
The '08 Special Edition is basically a 1LT dealer appearance package. I don't see any reason yours wouldn't be what it says it is.

Like Coby said - the RPO tag will tell you exactly what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.