Air Conditioner Not Working Sometime - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Register Home Forums Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

YourCobalt.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Newcomer

Air Conditioner Not Working Sometime

I have a 2007 Cobalt LTZ that I am having problems with the air conditioning in. (I am new to this thread thing so I'm unsure if I am doing this right or not so please forgive if I am not)Anyway.....The check engine light was coming on and the a/c would not blow cool at times. I took it to Auto Zone and they told me that it needed a new temperature sending unit. We replaced that and it did correct the problem. The check engine light went off and the air has been working good until today. This morning it started blowing warm again and I noticed that the coolant was not showing on the info display. Now this afternoon it was working fine. Does anyone know what could be causing this? The dealership says that they do not know if it is something that is covered under the extended warranty.......I love my car...it's super cute...but it enjoys giving me fits....please help!! Thanks y'all!

Last edited by Carmen Miles; 07-21-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to Neddy06SS
from what you mention, it sounds like an electrical problem. Have you checked your freon level? With these new cars, it can be 1 ounce low on freon and stop working.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:13 AM
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to G5Steven
I HAVE THIS SAME ISSUE!!! Only it hasn't been Intermittent... NO CEL, but today I get in the car and drive my wife to work... AC Worked great, but I rolled down the windows cause it was nice out, so AC off... I go to turn it back on before I get to the Mushroom farm area and I have NO AC, and my Temp is reading as follows "Coolant ---*F"

So, I dunno what it could be, but I checked all fuses that have to do with fans, ac, and coolant, and not a one is popped... I believe my coolant sensor has gone bad and last time I checked the Powertrain warranty covers all sensors related to the engine. Also, I noticed that as soon as this happened the RAD Fan turned on and stayed on... Precautionary programming???

Please help, I know I'm pulling up a couple week old thread, but this is urgent...

My Show Off Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread