For Those Who Have Misfire Issues - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Register Home Forums Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

YourCobalt.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to dkscbalt
For Those Who Have Misfire Issues

Hey all. I recently went thru one hell of a headache and was having a random misfire issue. I spent a lot of money doing my own trouble shooting, replacing parts, and many hours at my buddies shop trying to figure out what the deal was with my baby. To make a long story short Vince from Trifecta was able to fix my misfire issue in less than a day. The bulletin provided below will explain the rest.

GM #PIP4717: Ecotec Misfire DTCs With No Concern Found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Information
Home Publications Number Search New Bulletins Bulletin Search Feedback Help

Document ID: 2355297
#PIP4717: Ecotec Misfire DTCs With No Concern Found - Inspect For Aftermarket Components - (Oct 1, 2009)

Subject: Ecotec Misfire DTC's With No Concern Found- Inspect for Aftermarket Components

Models: 2004-07 Saturn Ion Redline
2005-07 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
With 2.0L Supercharged Engine (RPO LSJ)
2008-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
2008-2010 Chevrolet HHR
2007-2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
2007-2009 Saturn Sky Redline
With 2.0L Turbocharged Engine (RPO LNF)

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:

A technician may comment of MIL lamp on with DTC's of P0300, P0301, P0302 or P0304. They typically report they cannot determine a root cause. This concern (misfires) usually occurs with extended idling and may be reduced/eliminated by raising the RPM slightly or inducing an engine load (such as A/C).
Recommendation/Instructions:

Engineering has determined that aftermarket parts (such as a light weight aluminum flywheel or accessory belt drive pulleys) can contribute to this issue. Anytime any portion of the rotating ***embly is changed to an aftermarket component, there is a potential for this concern. When diagnosing a misfire DTC and no concern can be found following eSI, the technician should inspect for aftermarket components installed. This concern (misfires) usually occurs with extended idling and may be reduced/eliminated by raising the RPM slightly or inducing an engine load (such as A/C).

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could ***ist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT ***ume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

Built not bought fully bolted 2.2 and Trifecta Tuned

Authorized Trifecta Reseller In Central Wisconsin

Check out my new showoff thread!!!
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...entral-wi.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread