Please Help: Engine Light & Traction Control Light - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Register Home Forums Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

YourCobalt.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Newcomer

C'mon people....Please Help: Engine Light & Traction Control Light

What to do? 2006 cobalt ss 4 dr sedan 42,000 miles automatic
My traction light comes on and then the engine light comes on then one or both off them go away. when the traction light is on the automatic tranny makes a harsh clunking sound. when the lights go away then everything is fine. the engine code shows "camshaft position sensor" . before i go take it to have changed i am wondering if something else could be wrong and i dont want the dealer to keep changing things and spend an arm and leg. any suggestion would be really appreciated.

Last edited by bluebalt6; 11-04-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: addition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Forum Regular

I can force the traction light to come on by lifting the parking brake lever a little. It also shows the brake light. I would move the parking brake up and down just to see, but since you also have other issues, you probably need to get it to your dealer.
Good luck, and let us know how you come out.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Newcomer

thanks... i tried the parking brake on/off and the traction light goes on/off, however, once traction light has come on it won't go away by disengaging the parking brake. sometimes it will go away just by turning the ignition off but not always..so i don't know??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread