Problem with Dome Light/fuse. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Register Home Forums Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

YourCobalt.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Newcomer

Problem with Dome Light/fuse.

My dome light was not working, bulb is fine. I checked the fuse and it was blown. Everytime I plug a new fuse in, it blows instantly. Obviously, there must be a short somewhere. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Forum God

Definitely sounds like a short. You should check the wiring of that circuit. If ou can take off your headliner to check the wiring up there on the roof, it's a start, but finding the cause of the short could be a long and painful process.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Sometime if you can pull a little on the positive wire going to the dome light you might pull it away from where it is touching. I had mine apart today, just two clips hold it to the roof panel. Just pay attention as to how it is assembled so you can put it back together the same way. Even better take pictures before you take it apart so you have something to refer to if you hit a snag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread