Tune Up for a 2006 Chevy Cobalt - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Register Home Forums Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

YourCobalt.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Prospect

Tune Up for a 2006 Chevy Cobalt

Hello:

Anyone knows what type of services (spark plugs, filter, etc.) does a typical tune up for a '06 Chevy Cobalt with 83,000 miles includes?

Or what type of services I should make sure are included and which other ones are not required?

I have noticed lately a very subtle like pulling movement (sorry but I don't know how would you call that) when the car is in complete stop so I thought it may need a tune up.

According to one of the places that I went to the cost is around $250.

Thanks,
Roberto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Roberto,
This is a great question.
Regularly scheduled maintenance, as you likely already are aware of, revolves around oil changes. Typically, these would include a change of oil and oil filter, visual check for leaks or damage, inspection of engine air filter, tire rotation, brake system inspection, and a check on engine coolant and windshield washer fluids.
Every other oil change, recommended maintenance also includes an inspection of the suspension and steering components, cooling system, wiper blades, restraint system components, the throttle system, and a replacement of the passenger compartment air filter.
At the 50,000 mile marker, additional recommended services include an inspection of the fuel and exhaust systems for damage, and a change of the automatic transaxle fluid and filter (only if vehicle is driven in taxing environments like mountainous terrain, otherwise can wait until the 100,000 mile mark). If these haven’t been inspected or performed as of yet with your vehicle, I would say to have this included in your tune up.
As you’re drawing nearer to the 100,000 mile marker, in addition to the transaxle fluid, it is recommended to replace spark plugs (and likely wires) at that point.

I hope this is helpful for you,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread