Cobalt Total Shut-Down While Driving.....AGAIN!!!!!! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Register Home Forums Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Problems and Service Talk about any mechanical problems you are having

YourCobalt.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Prospect

Angry Cobalt Total Shut-Down While Driving.....AGAIN!!!!!!

As my son was entering a Busy Intersection tonight his 2007 Colbalt shutdown again. Last time this happened (couple months back) a the GM dealer charged us $400 and assured us that they fixed the Problem, I Say "BS" My son almost got T-boned this time as his car ground to a halt in the middle of the intersection. It appears to me that these cars are Dangerous but I guess someone needs to be killed before any action will by taken by GM. Guess I need to call the NSTB AGAIN!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Contributor

Take it back to the gm dealer.....if you don't get resolution then call customer service

Telephone
Your vehicle concerns are important to us. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or feedback. To better address your comments and concerns, Customer Assistance centers are open Monday through Saturday, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). New Vehicle Purchase Information centers are open Monday – Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
From inside the U.S.
Customer Assistance - 1.800-222-1020
From inside Canada
1-800-263-3777 (English)
1-800-263-7854 (Français)
2013 Kubota M5640 SUD
Old 12-06-2011, 05:52 AM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberVeteran

If you would like to work with Customer Assistance, please send me a private message with more information. I can get a case set up for you and we'll help you work with a dealership towards getting this diagnosed.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Prospect

These cars have a major Problem just look on net. Google COBALT TOTAL ENGINE SHUTDOWN and read the stories.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCustSvc View Post
If you would like to work with Customer Assistance, please send me a private message with more information. I can get a case set up for you and we'll help you work with a dealership towards getting this diagnosed.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
My girlfriends car has now shut down over 20 times in the past month. This is getting dangerous. She is on a very tight budget and cannot afford to have a dealer jerk her around and charge money for a problem that is well documented as a Chevrolet issue. What can you do for me?
Old 12-24-2011, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
If the car shuts down and even the dome light won't come on you have a bad battery. Dome light is totally seperate from ignition

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Old 12-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberVeteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooprmanX View Post
My girlfriends car has now shut down over 20 times in the past month. This is getting dangerous. She is on a very tight budget and cannot afford to have a dealer jerk her around and charge money for a problem that is well documented as a Chevrolet issue. What can you do for me?
I understand needing to use available resources efficiently. I can assist by doing the following:
1) With the last 8 digits of your girlfriend's VIN, I can look into our systems to see if there is an open safety recall associated to her specific vehicle (recall parameters are coded to VIN numbers for factors like production date and place).
2) I could assist in getting a dealership diagnostic appointment set up. Depending on different factors, this would likely involve a diagnostic fee. I would be happy to call them in advance to get that information ahead of time.

Overall, I would encourage your girlfriend to either get in touch with me here through a private message, or to even call Customer Assistance Center at 800-222-1020.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
Old 12-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Prospect

I have been to two different dealers and and after spending $400+ . I still get the same answer nothing is wrong with the car "IT IS NOT THROWING ANY CODES, WE CAN'T HELP YOU!!!", but it shutdown twice on me yesterday within one mile both times it started right back up.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Newcomer

I have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt and over the past two weeks, my car has been idling down to less than 500 RPM and completely stalling out. This only happens when I am slowing down or stopping. It totally shuts down and I have to put it in neutral and restart it. Only twice now it wouldn't start and I would have to turn the key off, put it in park and wait about 10 minutes.

I almost got rear-ended trying to pull out from dropping my kids off this morning when it died!!! I have been putting the car in neutral when I am getting ready to slow down/stop and rev the engine to 1000-1500 RPMs to keep the engine running. This is getting very frustrating.... any suggestions?
Old 01-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
This is not a total shut down just engine stalling out. Dirty throttle body, also you might want to change your air filter if it's been a while.

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 01-03-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread