TC & ABS Warning Lights - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Register Home Forums Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

YourCobalt.com is the premier Chevrolet Cobalt Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Newcomer

TC & ABS Warning Lights

I was driving yesterday when all of a sudden my car dinged and my TC and ABS warning lights came on.
I read in the manual about the Traction Control light and ABS light and didn't find it to be too much help.

If I turn the car off and back on, the lights might come on instantly or it could be a few minutes. Other times they won't come on until after I have been driving for some time. I don't feel any difference in braking or driving when they are on.

I just had the control arms changed about 1 month ago so don't know if that could have affected it.

Any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Expert

Garage
i have the same issue and i have no clue how it happened. mine started doing it a few weeks after i installed springs...so idk if that has anything to do w/ it.

bump for answers

07 Laser Blue LT Sedan
My Car Domain:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3805600
4 Doors = More Whores
Old 11-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Veteran

call chevy dealer to see how to reset them or something
Old 11-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Forum God

take it in and just get them to take a look at it if your not sure. I haven't had any warning lights yet so im no help but it might be as simple as resetting it or you might actually have an issue
Old 11-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Expert

Garage
no its not a resetting issue, cuz ive done that many times. it just showed up about a week after i installed my springs...i have no clue wat it is. however i kno the body shop i took my car to is going to fix it, since my accident was suspension related (but i didnt tell them it was an issue beforehand, lol). so ill ask them when i get it back wat the issue seemed to be and that might provide some answers.

07 Laser Blue LT Sedan
My Car Domain:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3805600
4 Doors = More Whores
Old 11-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Newcomer

Would Autozone be able to hook up their tester and be able to tell me the problem?
The dealership will charge me about $100 dollars to hook theirs up, even if it just needs to be reset
Old 11-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Contributor

Yes AutoZone does it for free. I gave myself a tester for Christmas last year so I do it fro free at my house too

Shorty Antenna, Painted Calipers, SAI K&N Intake, B&G Lowering Springs, FE5 Shocks and Struts, Moog End Links, Moog Tie Rod Ends, Polk Audio DXi650 Speakers - front and back.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Had the same issue when my Cobalt was brand new, cept it was only affecting the traction control.. Basically, one of the wires for TC got crimped/cut by one of the springs in the rear, disabling it.. It sounds like thats what happened to bsbllscnd970 since he had the issue when he installed his springs.

Tom.

Closed Thread