Prime Choice Assembly Struts? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Suspension/Wheels/Brakes/Tires Talk about Chevy Cobalt Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires here
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Prime Choice Assembly Struts?

I've stumbled across a thread regarding Primechoice strut assemblies. It was long locked which I can't reply so i'll create a newbie. Besides the fact they're really a bargain would it be the same difference even if I were to order for an SS vs the LS/LT?

2010 Cobalt 2LT Victory red Coupe
Mods: Tinted 50% ceramic all around, factory spoiler, 2008 LE5 2.4 Throttle body, GMPP Intake, Walker stock exhaust system (back to silence), TruBendz/MBE 2.5" catted Downpipe, HP Tuners by Chenry Motorsports, Alpine CDE-151 with USB port, Rockford Fosgate 300-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Prospect

I put Prime Choice send Lee struts on my 06 back in March I have about 20,000 miles on them and so far okay and talk about cheap $127 for the pair
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:01 AM
Prospect

Edit above Prime Choice strut assemblies
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Subforum Moderator
Subforum Moderator

Garage
FE1 (all 2.2s) and FE5 (FI SS's) share the same physical dimensions, but they're valved much differently. Ideally, you'd want to get the '08-'10 FE5 shocks/struts as they offer the best ride and sharpest handling, sometimes they're even cheaper than FE1s too.

2007 Mitsu Eclipse GT-V6 - Injen CAI, Tanabe STB, Tanabe UB, Progress RSB, Moog rear links, TWM GS STS w/Big Type R knob & aluminum base bushings, Torque Solution shifter cable bushings Coming soon: Redline MT-90 transmission fluid, Continental ExtremeContact DW tires, RRE GT headers, ES poly mounts/bushings Show-off thread!
1986 Pontiac Bonneville V6 - Stock w/upside down carb lid (+25hp)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
FE1 (all 2.2s) and FE5 (FI SS's) share the same physical dimensions, but they're valved much differently. Ideally, you'd want to get the '08-'10 FE5 shocks/struts as they offer the best ride and sharpest handling, sometimes they're even cheaper than FE1s too.
This - For the '08+ FE5s, you'll want the AC Delcos.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Cold Air Intake, Dual MTX 12" Thunder6000 Subs, Pioneer Speakers, Camaro Front Seats
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - Project Car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode