Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Clutch Should I Get?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Plain Jane 
#1 ·
Hey guys, after 115,000 miles the clutch in my car is slipping. I knew this day would come but I was hoping I could get one more winter out of it. :cheesy: So, my questions for you guys are about replacing this bad boy. I have access to a shop, lift, and plenty of tools. Replacing it will be pretty straightforward, but I was looking for advice on what I should replace it with. My parts guy quoted me around $425 for an oem replacement clutch Kit at cost, but I've found exedy kits online anywhere from $225 to $800. Where do you guys recommend I buy a clutch and what one should I get? My car is stock l61 engine and the only upgrades I would ever do to it are intake and exhaust. I don't need a better clutch for just performance, but mostly for durability.

So basically, what's the best clutch kit for a stock L61 and where should I be looking at buying it? Thanks so much everyone!

#2 ·
I'd probably go OEM. That being said I have a brand new Exedy stage 1 I'd let go for $250 shipped.

I'll probably buy the exact same one come spring time but I need the money more so now. I don't have to sell it and I'll end up using it come spring time. It's a full face clutch which shouldn't have any issues holding up at least as well as OEM.

#4 ·
I believe so, I was told to run the Exedy Stage 1 by John Powell as well as their flywheel. Even for an estimated 350+ WTQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.