Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scagnetti76/ 07 Base LS/ Vancouver Wa.

19K views 43 replies 13 participants last post by  scagnetti76 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought this car as commuter when i was living in Montana. I took a job as an elevator mechanic apprentice. Needless to say, they're aren't that many elevators in Montana. So i needed a cheap car that got good mileage, and had a warranty. i was commuting at least 150 miles a week one way, usually about 360. so i picked up this lil LS so i could drive it into the ground. Well, after about a year, that got job old. But the car didn't. I fell in love with this car, and found a community of people who had too. I started modding it, and the result (so far) is what you see here...

Mod list....

styling mods
35% tint
De badged, fenders back
Mirror caps
Gen 4 projector headlights w/ 12,000k HID'S
Yellow bowtie and trunk lock
Door vinyl delete
Nite shaded tails
Yellow dash trim
MPX shorty antenna
Bad fuse box paint job
Plasti dipped dipped drums(flat black)

Chassis
Sportlines
Rack spacers
SS/TC struts and shocks
LSJ control arms
LSJ 24mm front sway bar
Moog SS endlinks
Powell 25mm rear sway bar
17" Silver Enkei RPF1's
Hankook Ventus V12 EVO's-215/45/17
R-1 Concepts premium blank rotors
Hawk hps pads
Russell stainless lines
ATE super blue brake fluid

ENGINE MODS
K&N SRI
2.4 Intake mani
2.4 Throttle body
Depot catch can
Badmab shorty header
ZZP catted downpipe
GMPP performance version exhaust/angle tip
Trifecta tuned
Turbo Tech Racing solid upper engine mount

Future mods
LE-5 front fascia w/ hids
M3 style lip spoiler
White plasiti dipped wheels

anyway on to the pics....

Ahhh new wheels...:love:

Thanks for looking!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Mike, and i know, im lazy! :toung:

its the only car ive driven with a sway, so i dont really have a frame of reference. but i love it, and it was a huge upgrade for me, and i felt it instantly.
its the street. from what i read before buying it, the hardcore seemed like more than i wanted. but sometimes i wonder....:noworry:

#20 ·
Im not going to have a frame of refference because im adding the manifold, throttle body and tuning at the same time. So its going to be a big jump... Well big for a 2.2.

But from what everyone says, with just the manifold you loose some low end torque. But gain top end. I wouldnt do it until you have full exhaust done myself. (not sure if you do.)

Love my K&N though if thats what you're asking about.

#23 ·
Uploaded the tune last night, and everything went great. Took longer to charge the tuner than to upload. lol
Had absolutely no issues what so ever. The car is running fantastic, and pulls way harder than i expected. I feel it was definitely worth the money for the tune and all mods leading up to it.
Maybe now i can spend some money on visual mods, im a little behind the curve there. lol

#27 ·
i woulda saved for retros.. i originally had a set back when they were the crummier quality ones but i couldnt get them to seal up.. so i traded them for gen1's + cash = terrible idea even tho it was an even trade.. took off n sold the gen1's n got a deal on gen2's.. same shit, just not well performing at all.. so now about a year later exactly i went thru 2 sets of shitty aftermarket projectors to get back to an awesome set of retros i made with parts from theretrofitsource and these dont leak.. well well worth the money.. brighter than hell at night. my HID fogs literally seem useless now :blink:

#28 · (Edited)
Thought id add some pics of a few projects ive done over the last year or so. Dont have any new ones of the whole car just yet...

yellow bowtie and gen 4's

tints and yellow trunk lock

purple lug nuts. (just for you crazed kitty :blink1:)

bad mab header and zzp dp

intake mani and tb tear out/install

2.4 vs 2.2 tb

tune

reason i havnt boosted! lol

#30 · (Edited)
Just ordered LSJ control arms and front sway. Cant wait to get em on, and get the coilovers ordered. She is gonna handle way different come spring!!

LCA's and front sway bar installed....wish i would have done the front sway bar years ago. It was definitely a PITA to get out, but well worth it!!!

#34 · (Edited)
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.