Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratosproject / 2008 Cobalt LT / Minneapolis, MN

9K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Plain Jane 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings and welcome to my Showoff.

First, a little about me. My name is Frank, but I go by stratosproject here in the forum. I currently live in the cold, cold land of Minny. I'm a Youth Pastor by trade, but enjoy doing just about everything else in my spare time. A fun fact about me: I have the ability to remember extremely long, alphanumeric strings. It's not an entirely useful skill, but it kills at parties.

On to my ride. I picked up my bone stock '08 LT sedan back in February, 2010 from a Sport Dealer west of the cities. She had 34K on her, and one previous owner. Here's where we've gone, mostly thanks to you guys and gals giving me the inspiration.

Exterior
Debadged Fenders / Trunk
Depot Gen IV Projector Headlamps
6K HID Morimoto 3 Five Headlamps
LED Side View Signal Markers
LED 3rd Brake & Tails
LED License Plate Light
MPx Shorty Antenna
MB5 Wheels
Spoiler

Interior
Leather Shift Knob
Leather Steering Wheel, w/added cruise control
SS Gauge Cluster with LED Mod
ZZP Dual Gauge Pod with Interceptor and Boost.
Red LED Door & Window Switches
LED Foot Wells, Dimmable Red
LED Gear Indicator
LED Dome Light
USB Port Mod
Rear Bench Reupholster (dang kids and their candy)
WeatherTech Floor Mats

Various Performance
K&N 69 Series Typhoon SRI
Stainless Muffler Tip
EBC Green Stuff Brakes
Progress Rear Swaybar

Suspension
SS/TC Struts & Shocks
SS/TC Springs
Moog Sway Bar Links

Audio
Alpine 5x7’s / Front
Alpine Type E 12” Sub

Thanks for checking this out! Be sure to vote for me when I'm up and I can die a happy man.

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks clean man. Silver FTW!! lol. I like the photoshoot location.

Any more plans? Looks like you're just gettin started!

#6 ·
a couple things...

love the rims they look killer, if they were a tad bigger even better but i love them

second, do you have any pictures of the led gear indicators?

third, did you notice a large difference of before and after, with the progress rear sway bar?

thanks for the reply in advance

#8 ·
Yeah, Discount usually runs deals on tire/wheel packages. Got mine with Falkens for under $700 after tax. But the MB's (both 5X's and 7X's) come in 15", 16", and 17". They have them in 4 and 5 bolt patterns. One thing I saw recently in addition to the silver/chrome, like I have, they also come in gunmetal; they are gorgeous! But you're right... I wish I would have gone bigger with lower profile tires. And then dropped it.

I'll snap a photo of the gear indicator tomorrow night on my way home. I wired in a LED strip and then used a blue can light gel in place of the stock film. Not as blue as I would have liked, but it is much brighter, which is the whole reason I did the job.

As far as the sway bar goes, I personally notice a difference. The car just feels tighter and more responsive. I never really liked how much the car moved around while maneuvering.

#13 ·
I am lower, but not lowered. I went with the SS/TC springs. I really wanted to do the Pedders, but even at stock height I get stuck at work every winter. That and my driveway is crazy steep at the bottom apron.

Pics were taken at the HCMC ramp in Mpls (I'm 95% sure that's where I went anyway). I'll have to go back and check it out to be certain. They had a helipad that could be really cool in shot if timed right!

#17 ·
They're 16's. Wish I would've gone 17" or 18" though.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I thought I would finally post some more pics in here.

Here are a couple from the side view mirror turn signal mod:

Red Switch LED

USB Port Mod

#20 ·
I've been meaning to put this up for a while. I installed the ZZP dual pod pillar a while back. Top gauge is the Interceptor. Bottom is boost. I still haven't gone FI, but I couldn't find a single pod for the sedan, so I figured I'd throw something in that I would need in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.