Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Service Airg Light on Passenger Airbag Off!

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tnhottie025 
#1 ·
My service airbag light is staying on and my passenger airbag is staying turned off. I checked the connector under the passenger seat and it was still connected. I unplugged it and re-plugged it back in just 2 be sure and the light is still on. I had it hooked up to see what codes it was throwing and strange as it may sound my car was throwing out any codes. The guy was baffled as to why my service airbag light would be on with no codes coming up. So he went and got another tester off the shelf that was specifically for detecting codes for airbags as well as codes for anything else and still it read out no codes. Anyone have any ideas what I should check next!

#2 ·
I never heard of an "air bag only" code reader. to scan the airbags, you need a GM specific code reader or code reader module.

Could be the air bag control module.. Airbags are a PITA and are dengerous to play with. Airbags can be live for as much as 15-20 minutes after the ignition is turned off and the battery is disconnected. So be carefull!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.