Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts - View Single Post - Hurst Short Throw Shifter on Ls Cobalt?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 07:17 AM
SpeedyCobalt
Gawd of Thunda!
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedyCobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaoaudio View Post
Hey everyone,

I have finally started working on my cobalt for the gf and am now buttoning up the interior renovation (will make a build log for everyone shortly)

Last night i picked up a hurst short throw shifter for a a good price local and was unsure if it will fit an ls base model since it was on an ss car. I planned on swapping out the factory one for the simple reason that the one in the car is gross and for some reason has a melted/ sticky feeling and i cant take it. The other reason was so i can swap knobs with screw ons when I feel the need to change it up lol.

So the question which I have been trying to find is can i put this shifter on my car with no modification, I am willing to do some if needed but not looking to make this some crazy project. Anyone do this to a base model with ease????????

I'm pretty sure if it was an N/A ss then yes it would work otherwise no the sc and tc are different. My recomendation would be to buy the BPS short throw for the N/A I beleive its only 150$ I paid for mine

2005 Stealth grey metallic 2DR Standard Base Model
2006 Burnt Orange 2DR Standard SS
MY SHOWOFF THREAD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome