Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello from Wisconsin

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Thogan3 
#1 ·
Hey all,
Just wanted to say hi. After 19 years of owning a 92 Ranger, I thought it was time to get something more economical. Along came this 06 Cobalt SS on craigslist and the rest is history, I guess. Absolutely love the car, except it's a 2.4 N/A with an auto. Body is in great shape with the exception of door dings and scratches. Looking to having it repainted this summer, but we'll see. Anyhow, looking forward to chatting with you all, and thanks for bringing me aboard!
Jason

#3 ·
2.4l is a great match to that transmission and is quite peppy in that car. The only recurring little problem is the timing chain tensioner if you still have original version. If it hasn't been changed yet and you have morning start chain rattle I strongly suggest getting the ''B'' version.

#5 ·
Easy to check if it has been done, if there is a bump on the head of the tensioner you have the ''B'' version.

First design.

Second design on right.

#7 ·
Here's a better pic of the Cobalt. These wheels came with the car. Not too sure about them, but I do have the original SS wheels, but the tires are bald. I might sell these, put the originals on and add lowering springs to it. It also came with a K&N Typhoon S.R.I. and Halo headlights.

#8 ·
Nice find!

#10 ·
Thanks Coby! She's a fun car to drive! Thogan, I reside in Sheboygan, right in between Milwaukee and Green Bay. Where you from? I realized after I got rid of the Ranger, how much I needed it to haul stuff! Now I have to bug my Father-in-law to borrow is truck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.