Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secret project revealed

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  norcalbalt 
#1 ·
So some of you may remember me mentioning a few months ago about having a secret project that I was working on. Well, here it is. I have been working with Chaser Aerodynamics (aerokits.net) to make CF engine covers for the non SS Cobalts. Well, I finally have the first run of them in my hand. They were made using the vacuum process, and are extremely thin yet strong. They just fit on over your factory covers. I don't have pics of them installed yet, but will get them tommorow at the Cobalt meet in Charlotte. But as of this moment, I am the only non-SS cobalt in the country (to my knowledge atleast) with all carbon fiber engine covers. Let me know what you guys think

See less See more
#4 ·
well thats cool,I don't have my cover on the engine honestly.

#5 ·
well even if they were not the "stand alone covers" you speak of they would still have no use other then for looks... have you ever felt the plastic engine covers... they are very light... you might be lucky to drop 2 lbs... so in that case, stand alone, or covers they are just for looks...

i like them they look good dude, good job on going out and getting stuff done, i love being that guy... who goes out and has stuff made for you, or make stuff that people will eventually buy or have, but you were the first...

#6 ·
I understand that. Im not saying it would be a reduction in weight, or that there would be any performance benefit at all. Just that if your going to make carbon fiber engine covers, make them. Dont make carbon fiber engine cover covers. That seems totally redundant to me.

#9 ·
Nice pieces great for a car show

#12 ·
Yes, they will ba available for purchase, but the price is still being worked on. And yes, I know I need to get an intake, but I just don't have the money yet. I only have the CF pieces now because I got mine for free. ANyway, here are the pics.

#14 ·
i want to purchase the Fuse Box Cover And ECU Cover As Well Cause I Have A CAI ...They Look Great

#15 ·
the covers look great for a cosmetic upgrade. Ive actually ordered sheets of silver carbon from robot marketplace to make my own parts(spark plug cover,fuse box cover,custom weighted knob for my b & m sts) there is a learning curve but once you learn your imagination is the only limit.good job

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.