Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cables Unconnected Under Driver Side Cabin

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Coby7 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi to all cobalt fans,

Just bought a cobalt 2007 LT 2.2 automatic and My doorlocks and steering wheel buttons do not work.

I Found two (2) wires/connectors (both 2 pin female connectors) that are unplugged and do not fit into each other. Theses connectors are situated under the driver side Cabin (high up under...barely reacheable). Theres seems to be missing something in order to connect them to each other (some kind of a male/male adapter plug would be my guess)

I would of posted a picture but dont seem to have access.

I'm getting positive return on my multimeter but no negative return. I would suppose these are ground connectors.

Anybody know anything about these cables ?

Have a nice one ;-)

#2 ·
Probably excess connectors for options you don't have like fog lamps, they just hang there. Door locks and steering wheel button wires all go to BCM. Check fuses in BCM.

#3 · (Edited)
I dont have fog lights so you are probably right ;-)

Fuses are all good. Strange that only doorlocks and steering buttons dont work since they dont even seem to be related in the schematics.

did a continuity test between driver powerdoor locks and passagers, in order to check if bad connection/wire in door harness, but cables give continuity.

also switched the passenger and driver doorlock buttons but same result.

Actuators auto lock after after a few miles.

Dont have any FOBs with the car. I need doorlocks and steering buttons in order to program my new Fobs.
Trunk button works like a charm tho. Horn also works.

One of my defrosters is unglue and hanging, but that shouldnt have any impact...could it ?

cleaned up ground connectors under hood but they were already in good condition.

Forced a check engin light to make sure the ECU was working properly.

I cant see any link between these two problems.

...the search goes on,
thanxs for reply and help

#4 ·
Have you tried disconnecting the the 2 blue/grey connectors on the BCM and re-seating them. You could have a bit of corrosion on the contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.