Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

That07Balt / 2007 Chevy Cobalt Sedan LS 2.2 / Navarre, FL

12K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  that07balt 
#1 · (Edited)
bought the car brand new in april of 07 after trading in my 05 for this 07...

edit: there are vehicle updates thru a few other pages as well.

my mods list... i could be missin quite a bit too...
5% tint
BC3 front bumper
BC3 rear bumper
ings style side skirts
custom paint
18' motegi 7's
tcs carbon fiber mirrors
carbon fiber gas door
K-sport 36 way adjustable coilovers
SS sway bars and end links
K&N intake
a'pexi ground stabilizer
cat-less down pipe
custome magnaflow exhaust
custom gauge pod where the cup hold was
custom gauge pod where the CD pocket was
2 audiobahn 10's in custom ported box
1800 watt power akoustic farenheit amp
TMA 6 1/2 and 6x9's
memphis tweeters
audibahn 400x4 amp
kenwood head unit
halo headlights (installed)
custom painted factory headlights (backups)
partially debadged

THIS IS DAY ONE.... the rims came off my 05 but the car was bought with hubcaps.....

my stereo

A WEEK AFTER BUYING MY COBALT..... my coilovers came in... sory no pics of them ont he car without the kit...

so about a month after the purchase i already had the coilovers on and the body kit came in.. got my windows tinted in between all that... and had also put an exhaust on...and installed my TCS carbon fiber mirrors. and custom carbon gas door... this is pretty much how the car stayed for a few months then it was wrecked on the way to NOPI 2007

so after my accident and 2 month's of bein with out my car i pick it up from the body shop. and everything was horrible nothing fit right the bumpers wobbled it was just the most hurrendous job ever.. so the deal was for me to take my car to my freinds body shop and get an estimate from him to give to them once i told them the price the said ok with no questions.. well ended up gettin a lil extra out of it and after fixin the body kit we had enough money to throw some paint up on it. so this is all around february when everything was said and done..

pic of my car from drop jaw mag

See less See more
#2 ·
then i traded my freind my 17's for his white 18's around august of 08... mainly cuz i wanted 18's. also around this time went thru and did a custom flop trunk

then the show season was over and it was time for a change

went ahead with a purple on purple fade no clear all flat for the 09 season..

then had to paint the white wheels black.. cuz the white jus wasnt lookin good at all.

#3 ·

then i got me some halos

my custom gauge pods

and now it sits in my drive way awaiting for me to get my money's back up...

thanks for lookin..

oo and all work was done by me or i had assisted in helpin like when my car got painted i can paint but no well so i helped with what i could.

#14 ·
my 05 was like my crap car it was pretty beat up with high miles i was gonna fix everything and do the same but then i figured it would be easier to just trade it in and get another one... turned out alot better this time... plus now i know a crap ton about cobalts.. how they respond to certain things and i know a good bit about different parts and custome part's for cobalts.... it was like my test car

#22 ·
it's a thing me and some freind started cuz we do like autocross and ride one crazy windy roads.. everytime our tire's squel it sound's like when you kick a puppie

was this thing painted outside?!!! wow wouldnt have done that heh but ok pics look good hows it holding up?
yah it was painted outside.. it's holdin up awesomely though.

#21 ·
was this thing painted outside?!!! wow wouldnt have done that heh but ok pics look good hows it holding up?

#30 ·
yah i was gonna put neons on it then i was like nah... my freind gonna give me some purple underglows.. i'll never use them but i'll know there there.. maybe at like night meets or something...

I am probably gonna just be there for my car club support too cause of my bills. Just got in my new house and we got a lot of things we are getting done to it so its killin us at the moment.
i here that i'm probably just gonna swing thru doesnt look like i'ma be ont he road ne time soon...

ya know, ive never really REALLY looked @ ur car before now... i have to say, your sig does not do it justice!

I like it a whooole lot!
y thank you... yah the sig is just kinda my stages thing ya know..

#31 ·
I just had to buy a new hot water heater, replace the toilet in my sons bathroom and fix my garage door motor so things all fell apart at th same time. I'll be there though. And all this crap happend since Ive ben back from memphis and its only been a week. I figured out the toilet was broken when I opened my water bill and since we have been gone to Memphis for a month somehow we used 8327 gallons of water and I know the sprinkler system only runs once a week so.....

#32 ·
finally found a few pic's from my accident on the way to NOPI 07 the front is really bad i wish i had a picture of it... what you dont see is my radiator smashed and wrapped up with what's left of the front bumper..

#34 ·
lol i cant lie she's been thru hell... racing friday night's car show's on saturday mornings to more racin on saturday nights... i love my car not the fastest or the cleanest but i love her... i told my ex that and hence the reason she's my ex now...:smile1::smile1:

#39 ·
i had to sell it when i was unemployed.. it was either part out enough to make a payment or get the car repoed... but i'm good now so im gonna be expeirmentin with a different set up soon in about 2 weeks'... i'll post it when the part's come in...

:sad:
i love how the grill is w/ that front bumper, tho. no middle bar ftw! lol
lol yah i've alway's liked it but if you look at it closely you can see where the bar was cut out... i'm gonna fix it one day just been to lazy... plus my rear bumper is startin to sag alot i need to fix it maybe sunday..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.