Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heat

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Snake890217 
#1 ·
it takes at least a half hour before my coolant is up to temp for heat to come out. every auto i've driven takes like 5-10 minutes. is it because i'm 5spd, and autos warm up quicker cause auto trans gets hotter? basically the ? is do autos warm up quicker than 5spds?

#3 ·
There's a lot of factors to consider as well. Different temps/how long your car has been sitting will never give you the same time. We've been having temps in the single digits and naturally it's taking my car longer to warm up, but if you're in the upper 20's/30 and it's taking 30 mins to warm well then you might have a problem.

#4 · (Edited)
no matter what the case is it always takes that long i also found that the dic coolant temp is innacurate compared to my water temp gauge. as soon as my water temp gauge finally gets past 100 thats when the heat starts getting hot. so i deff should have it looked at then huh... damn this sucks... maybe il ask george see what he says he might be coming tonight to help do my struts. though i think maybe 30 min might be exaggerated but i would say prob 20. it takes at least 2.5, 3 miles before it gets warm i know because my heat doesnt get warm till i get to my destinations already usually. and it takes about a mile for an auto to warm up

#9 ·
Look, Ethylene glycol is ethylene glycol. use 50/50 unless your climate goes down to 35 below Farenheit. If thats what youre using its not at fault. Also, electric heaters?? Thats news to me. heater cores are what I know thats being used. Can anyone here confirm?

Maybe the heatercontrol valve is shot/swollen preventing proper glycol flow.

#11 ·
i use whats recommended in the manual thats all i know. but my fan when i turn the heater on has a squeak now

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Dude why u changed ur name? Lol. You'll always be cc08. I'm kidding
lulz
yeah.. there something wrong there.. being as how i can start up my car.. and just drive off and as soon as i lay on it for the highway.. with is like .5 mile away ive got heat... bring it to that REALLY great chevy dealer u have over there on sh*thole island lmao.. jk bro
lmao

#10 ·
yeah.. there something wrong there.. being as how i can start up my car.. and just drive off and as soon as i lay on it for the highway.. with is like .5 mile away ive got heat... bring it to that REALLY great chevy dealer u have over there on sh*thole island lmao.. jk bro

#13 ·
Agree with stuck open stat. Plugged core highly unlikely at so low miles. Also,a plugged core never gets warm (yours eventually does?).

The DIC temp is very accurate. The difference with your temp guage is it probably uses a different sensor location. (My 96 Buick has a really neat feature - can access data using the climate control system - includes temp readings at the head and the water put, and they can vary a lot.)

#14 ·
whoever said we have electric heat, it would get hot A LOT faster than even a "normal" working car with a core. and if you turn on the heat you'll see the coolant temp fall or slow down rising.

CC08 Yeah, tho I have an auto, it takes me 5-10 min for full heat, like by the time I get to work my car is just getting nice and toasty, avg. 40 MPH with 2-3 stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.