Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brake Problem

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  sharehislove 
#1 ·
First off, I have a 08 Cobalt LT. I have about 6,000 miles left on the warranty, and my steering wheel starts to rattle when I'm braking above 60 MPH. Would a malfunctioning tire rod cause this?

Sorry if I didn't provide enough information, I'm really not a car person at all, I just love mine like I'd love my child. :smile1:

#3 ·
^^ Agreed, your rotor is warped. Time for new rotors. :)

#8 ·
if you ain't an ss model you should only need the front two.

It's easy, just jack the car up, put on jack stands, take off the front wheels, unbolt the caliper from the knuckle, take the little lock washer things off of the studs, take old rotor off, then reverse the process... The lock washer things won't go back on and there is no need for them anyways...

#10 ·
I've had mine do that - but from slowing down from over 100 mph. :laugh:

#12 ·
i had this same problem with my sons colbalt . took the rotors off , they were not messed up alot . so i took then to get machined . put them back on and no more trouble . it depends on how bad they are if you can machine them. if you do get new ones , do not get the cheapest ones . the aftermarket ones are not as good , but it is better than what you got now . the guy who turns my rotors told me aftermarket rotors don't turn as well , due to what they are made of . i just replaced a set on my sisters car , got them at autozone . her first set she got from autozone lasted a year and a half . they were the two yr warrenty ones . also the guy who turns rotors for me said factory ones are the best to machine due to they are made of better steel ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.