Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

6K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  blue 
#1 ·
so has anyone ever heard of or thought of a pontiac 3800 sc swap for one of our cars? don't get on here and bash me and *****, if i wanted to hear *****ing i would have a wife, that being said, i'm just curious, i have no intentions on doing this but it seemed like a cool idea

#6 · (Edited)
Anything is possible if you have the time and money and knowledge to throw into such a project.

That being said, the physical mounting wouldn't be the issue... Its the electrical that you will want to bang your head against the wall over. These new cars do not play very nicely with engine swaps.

That being said, it'd be much easier and cheaper to build up the L61. There are tons of go fast parts for the L61.

#8 ·
I've mentioned it many times here on YC. I'd do it if my car wasn't a daily driver. If I keep it long enough maybe I'll do it someday.

#12 ·
Someone on the "other cobalt site" a while back, was doing a SS/SC build in his garage, but he was making it RWD with a Chev S10 Axle assembly in back and still using the Rear suspension set up, but chopping out the torsion beam just using the "trailing arms" and then a centering bar. I never saw the end result, but it looked cool...

Now if it can be done RWD in these cars, then for sure you would be able to fit a V6 or even an alcohol hungry Blown 383 Stroker motor...

#13 ·
that would be badass, like they always say "anythings possible with enough time and money"

I remember on my old second gen Jbody forum guys were always dropping 34-3800 series engines in those cars for dirt cheap and those things would fly once it was done! but electrical issues werent so much in those cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.