Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Passenger Leak?

10K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  criley 
#1 ·
i believe theres already 1 or 2 threads like this, sorry mods, but i just felt like i should post mine anyway, havent taken the time to read anyone elses, kinda frantic and P.O.d right now

alright well i thought the reason my passenger side carpet has been wet n stained was because of some of my asshat friends n family lol have been just going in and sometimes move the floor mat, and put there dirty boots all over n such,

well this morning i noticed water on my rubber floor mat, (was like "WTF?! :blink:") i see a liquid dropping from a certain part of the car, :notrust:
gonna take it to the dealer on monday, was goin to anyway to get the power steering issue recall fixed, anybody got any ideas?

#3 ·
no sir, no sunroof
im looking for my camera to show where its leaking, i was wondering whether its anti-freeze or something, but havent noticed the car overheating, for overheating i would look at COOLANT TEMP in the dlc right?

found camera

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

at the tip top of the blue rag i have there, is where its coming from

carpet

#4 ·
That would be the A/C drain.

It's under the hood...on the firewall.

Let me find a pic.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/problems-service/19281-ac-drain-location.html

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

If you are standing in front of the car. It is on the firewall right behind the header...towards the left hand side kinda

#5 ·
how do i unclog it?

#8 ·
yeah i didnt notice it either, but i did notice my ugly carpet about say 2 or 3 weeks ago and just this morning my phone flew off the passenger seat, reached down to grab it and saw my car taking a leak on my floor mat :cheesy::notrust:

#13 ·
i think i found it and no signs of it clogged i think, how would i unclog it?

and i should leave my K/N on right? its got nothing to do with the leak right?

#17 ·
yeah left the AC on and it started draining out under the car, but also slowly dripped out under my glovebox almost at the sametime, but not at the same speed,
under the hood at the drain, it looked like the water dripped down into whatever little cover it has on it, thats about all i noticed

i liked your response roflcraft

#18 ·
UPDATE: took it to the dealer, got the power steering recall fixed
but i gotta live with the leak for a couple of days til the part they ordered comes in, then gonna go by and have them repair the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.