Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GMPP Ground Effects Lip Kit Installed W/ Pics!

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  MP81 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I recently installed the GM (PP?) factory ground effects lip kit yesterday, snapped a few pics today. Sorry for the dirty car didn't wash it yet since it was raining alot recently.

I noticed there aren't really any pictures of this kit on the site and limited at best on others.

The kit comes prepainted in black, red, blue, silver and unpainted. The unpainted one is cheaper.

Oh and spare me the "lower it" stuff, I know I need it, but I'm waiting for warranty to expire and I need to survive winter. I think the wheel gap looks horrid, but you know I need to drive this everyday!

See less See more
#5 ·
I actually really want fogs!!! but alas no one makes a good kit for it. The newer balts don't even have removable side-fake-vents.

i like that alot! whats the website for it?! =)
www.crateenginedepot.com, but be warned speak to greg or tom, GM is offically out of the prepainted black kit. I bought the last on in their US warehouse and it's sold out in Canada. I can't speak for the other colours though.

looks great minus the 4x4 factor haha
I know, I know, but I have since decided that 12.5lbs wheel are much better for acceleration and fuel economy. The handling/visual benefits is not justifiable, in my opinion, for the ladder minuses.

#7 ·
Thanks, I remembered when I bought them, it was available in black, but it had a weird silver ring inside (unpainted). So I took the hyperblacks instead. But yeah it would look better though... so I just have to get my lazy ass to do it this winter.... But at least they are the lightest in that price range. I think the 18" versions only weigh 19lbs, which is pretty darn good for a 150$(18") wheel.

#9 ·
oh and here from a C&D article on wheels, for some scientific no BS plus size benefits and drawbacks...

#13 ·
^^^ thanks

and Mike I think you would like it on your car and I'd say it's the best quality/fit/price for what it is. Depending how much prep work you do it's a quick install too. Gimme a ring if you want more details or pics about the install. You have to drill 4 holes in the front bumper, they are small and out of the way so that if you ever remove it, you won't see the difference.

#15 ·
No you do not, if you look under your car's rocker, there are already 6 holes on each side. I guess all kits use those holes (ss, sport etc.) So they use those. They also attach to the first push pins in the back and the little 7mm screw in the front wheel well.

The back is gotta be the easiest. remove existing useless diffuser and slap it on.

They also all adhere with 3M tapes as a final touch.

hope that answers yous question.

#17 ·
That's a very nice kit - probably because it's GM, so it's not gaudy or anything.

Looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.