Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts - View Single Post - Wanted: Lowering springs
Thread: Wanted: Lowering springs
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 11:36 PM
blu3_v1p3r
Expert

If you want really low your not going to like tein, and k-sport probably. Most people will tell you That SSC or Pedders are the best. I don't know if they are since I've never used them. I couldn't tell you about H&R, since I haven't had them on my car.

As for the tein S-Techs, I like them I've had no problems with them after about 1000 miles now. I have 225-45-17's on my car and in the rear I can barely put my finger between the tire and the rear fender well. The front has a bit more gap, but nearly as much as stock. Ride quality is ok, but not great. With that said I haven't bottomed out here in Hampton Roads VA, and the roads here suck.

K-Sport... JUST SUCKS thats all there is to it, thats my opinion from when they were on my car (about 500 Miles). I have been told that they are better when you pair them with upgraded struts, but then again which springs wouldn't benifit from upgraded struts?

Hope this helps you out some with deciding which springs to go with

2009 Imperial Blue Metallic Cobalt SS/TC Sedan - "Stock":
2008 Victory Red HHR SS - Stock
2005 Chili Pepper Red Ion Redline - Stock
2007 Sunburst Orange Metallic LS Coupe - Sold

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome