Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rims or Cold Air Intake?

4K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  gypsy08 
#1 ·
I'm upgrading my cobalt with my tax return money soon and I'm torn on what to get. should i spend the money on a good cold air intake or new rims? thanks for the advice!!

#4 ·
make noise?...and add hp. plus its cheaper and like bankerbalt said, either get rims and lower it or leave out the rims.

but all in all, it depends what ur trying to do with it, make it look nice, or go for performance? if ur trying to add performance, go intake, if ur just goin for looks, get the rims and lowering springs and call it good. dont get a intake just for the sake of gettin a intake. u need more supporting mods to make a big difference in performance, but a intake will add a touch of hp

#16 ·
Just a quick tip. If you're looking for performance, sell your car and buy a SS/SC or something like that. I you want a L69 to perform you must invest a crazy amount of money. Look, I barely have 170hp on mine and I invested over 1500$ in mechanic...I will need a tune but I won't win against a SS/SC... I would suggest you mags (17'' +) with a drop. If you don't have the money for it now, just save it, you won't regret it :p In my opinion, chevy cobalt is the best looking car!

#8 ·
I put 18's on mine.. Looks slammed just because the wheels are so big.. I dont want the attention from the noise the intake would add and with the speeding fines the way they are in ontario, i'll stick with the appearance upgrade over the performance.. plus my 300zx gets first dibs on upgrades anyway :p

#11 ·
#10 ·
I dunno..

If I wanted to start adding nice mods, I would want people to see it, nobody can see a cool air intake, but some nice rims would give a nice look to your balt.

#13 ·
Yup. Sleeper FTW.

#24 ·
I was going to make my own intake but I was at a shop and asked about it and he said he could make the one he had in stock fit for 80$ cash I thought he was joking but he kept his word.... it's called matix or matrix .....something like that

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#26 ·
When your car looks mean people want to race. When people want to race, they expect you have something under the hood. When you dont have anything under the hood you look like a dink. Dont look like a dink!

haha, I just saw that commercial yesterday!

#27 ·
It depends... hellaflush cars are the best looking cars and everybody knows they have nothing under the hood. I think, if you put a huge spoiler with a body kit and things like that (to make your car look fast) now you'll look like a ricer.

I mean, if you drop your car and you put some nice rims.

#28 ·
hellaflush? What are you talking about?

I would still want to see if the person with the money to buy rims had the money to do something to the engine! Obviously not everyones perogative so I'm not looking down on anyone that would rather go with the rims than the engine build just my opinion.

#29 ·
You don't know what is a hellaflush car ? Just google it. I'm sure you'll know what I'm talking about.

#30 ·
Just checked it out on youtube. I must be getting too old! The video I saw every car had their wheels almost at a 45 degree angle with the ground. why the sh would you do that to a daily car? Or is it just dropped with large rims and I saw the one video with all bent out rims?!

#32 ·
They are not daily car because it's barely drivable... I think these cars look sick. They are dropped as f* and have camber kits with large mags with streched tires. You should look at stance nation on facebook if you like the kind, there is a lot of pictures/videos of these cars.

#31 ·
Looks first, @ least you see what you spent your money on every time you walk to your Balt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.