Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What You Guys Think of DDM Tuning HID?

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Shealy06 
#1 ·
06 balt ls, I currently have low beam HIDs, but all these country back roads making me miss my hi beams. what you guys think of the ddm tuning hid kit? 9007 6000k 35 watt slim ballast kit for $60 bucks? Looking for feedback before I buy.

#4 ·
its a bulb, but its a 9004/7. To avoid this issue I would maybe call and ask that if you order their kit that you get 9007s and nothing else. I would of done this myself BUT it was a x-mas gift. It bugs me pretty good as I have fogs too and cannot use them except during not dark but not a lot of daylight times(morn, early night) or just as driving lights.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

other than that their kits are pretty good, roommate has them and no problems besides one fog light going green and no the yellow he wanted.

#9 ·
You switched the pins on the connector when installing them - 9004 has the same blue connectors as 9007 - but two of the pins swap between them. Call DDM and they'll tell you which ones.

Mine were great until a drive-thru car wash fried them - but they do have a lifetime warranty. Filed a claim with them, sent the ballasts back and they sent out new ones, no problem, no questions asked.

#6 ·
If you go too cheap you might get what you pay for.....

#10 ·
every hid dealer will do that in laziness with the 9004/9007, but what i have done is specifically request in the notes that the connector be PREPINNED for 9007, its worked perfect 3 times now. Used to be a big PITA because i broke a couple of them when trying to swap pins.

DDM is a good company though, i remember a few years ago when they got big, they were considered the best HID for the money, and probably still are. Ive gotten friends several sets, even did a 9007 on my buddys mothers mustang 3 years ago and still works like brand new never had an issue or anything. And i think it was $80 or so for a bixenon kit.

#11 ·
Less than $80 shipped to my house. Yeah, I pinned it backwards at first then pulled the wire out of the pin trying to flip it. Soldered the wire back on, once I got the pin out, then it worked just fine. Only problem with them is it can be a while to receive the kit, sometimes.

#13 ·
We re-pin every 9007 kit for you. Also they do not carry real Bi-Xenon kits. To this date i still have yet to find any Bi-Xenon kit that beats ours. Unlike DDM and other company's whos kits go In/Out, Our bulbs tilt giving you TRUE high beams. Really there is just no comparison. Best warranty no need to waste your money sending back something that is defective. We will cover it no matter what! Right now save 10$ with a free SLIM ballast upgrade on all HID kits. PM me and ill throw in a free relay harness too! :)

#14 ·
I realize your company's quality is better. Unfortunately, I can't make myself spend over a hundred dollars on some light bulbs. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I just want to be able to see those deer before I feel them on my front bumper. I'm all about considering cost over the best quality. If I was so into having the better of everything I wouldn't have just bought this 06 ls. Love the car but it don't deserve anything too extremely expensive. Ill take the cash I save and put it towards a more deserving vehicle. (ss/tc, zl1 camaro... who knows) Not trying to be rude, IM JUST SAYING is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.