Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

High Gas Prices??? What High Gas Prices???

9K views 80 replies 24 participants last post by  money_man 
#1 ·
If for no other reason, high gas prices really can make you appreciate a fuel effecient car. I'm getting 38 mpg now that the weather's warming up. Could be better I suppose but it aint bad. :)

#13 ·
As an update, Canada has stopped taking your first born child because fuel prices have dropped to $1.32 a liter

#15 ·
As an update, Canada has stopped taking your first born child because fuel prices have dropped to $1.32 a liter
Its sad when $1.30ish seems like a good price. Any time I go across the border I pay about $0.75/liter, it doesn't make any sense to me!! We're giving them the majority of their gas anyways!
Please Mr. Government Man, explain to me how its almost half the price there after all the import/export fees?!?!

#14 ·
So we are down to just an arm and a leg.

#16 ·
Anything over a dollar a liter is too much, it kills the economy and drains whatever loose cash we might have for leisure. So no hookers for me this month and K/D for lunch and supper for the last two weeks.

#17 ·
fyi KD is everyday for supper anyway:p

if gas would drop back to around a dollar I dont know if it would help because at least around where I live it just seems people drive more.

#18 ·
Yes, they drive more because they have money to spend and buy appliances and stuff. This produces jobs.

#20 ·
i average 10.8 on premium. im paying 4.39 for in NY. :laugh::eek:h::notrust::sad::wacko::mad::evil:

#21 ·
I share the pain lol

Sent from my Pokéball

#22 ·
Do you rob banks for a living? Or do you use your trailblazzer for a lawn ornement? So it costs you 42$ to go 100 miles. Then you have to come back.

#24 ·
e85 is only 3.24 here :) and I still get over 30 mpg highway

#25 ·
Its now about $3.49 / Gallon in South Texas.

Rumor has it that, Gas Prices are coming down, as well as Car Owners and Home Owners going up, seems like the US economy is coming back, well done Mr President. lol...

#26 ·
:smile1: Then all the richer people will take their Hummers,Explorers and TrailBlazzers SS:smile1:eek:ut and gas will go up again.

#27 ·
As long as the government is not run by the republicans, the "US Economy Comeback" should continue, as those richer people are finally paying their share into the government, like the middle class have been for the last 15+ years, so maybe a few thoughts would cross their money filled minds when buying those gas guzzlers for their primary vehicle, then wondering why they need so much money.

#28 ·
Gas is still dropping :) $1.21 a liter here in wonderful N.S

Getting close to $40 to fill my tank

#29 ·
I wonder how much proximity to the US border factors into Canadian's home buying choices??? :)

There's way more NB plates traveling past our place than ME and most are headed to the local Irving.

#30 ·
everything in the states is cheaper. the markup is actually crap, things americans get for $20 cost us $50. a garbage bodywork job up here is $3000 but you can get the same work in the states for $600. I'm going to school to become an electrician and I bought the tools with shipping and taxes from the states for $722. Locally they wanted $1700 for the same kit

#32 ·
I know we are getting off topic but I buy all the parts for my Mitsubishi from SouthWest Auto in Texas (3000 miles away) and after shipping to my door, taxes and customs I'm about 35% ahead on average. For example 6 oil filters at $4.67 each comes to about $38 to my house. My local dealer wants $12 each filter. Do the math $81.36 with tax and I have to drive there to get it $5 worth of gas. It just blows my mind how we Canadians are getting screwed by our government system. Just purchased a brake switch $18, my dealer wanted $47. Last year I ordered a full gas tank replacement assembly that included both check valves, sending unit,fuelpump with filter, empty switch, rollover valve all hoses to filler neck and canister for less than $800 dollars to my house. The dealer wanted $1,150 for the gas tank alone.

#34 ·
It goes without saying that both systems, the US :smilie_flagge13: and the Canadian, :smilie_flagge17:, each have their upsides and downsides.

What I meant to say earlier is that Canadians in particular, living near the US border, at least by some measure, have a unique opportunity to take advantage of both.

Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.