Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Have a Few Problems.

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ChevyCustSvc 
#1 ·
Alright so first off I will start with the background of the car.
It is a 2005 cobalt ls coupe.
My stepdad bought it used in like 07.
Never had any problems other than fog in his headlight(repaired)
last april he bought a 2011 Kia Optima GDI. I was driving a 94 subaru legacy he offered the car to me all I had to do was take over the remaining payments. GREAT DEAL!

I have the car for 3 weeks and hit a deer at 70mph, not totaled but was in the shop for around 2 weeks, new hood radiator ac compresser head light and fog light.

I get it back and happily driving it for a while its summer so I use the sunroof more than the a/c. So I retract the sunroof and hear a grinding sound and a pop and the sun roof is about an inch away from closed.I take it home in the garage and some plastic arm on the track broke, we think some debris got lodged in there.
We end up having to take the sunroof out and move the tracks down then put the glass back in place so that it will close. Cant use the sunroof or it gets stuck open. Problem #1

Soon after getting the car I notice there is some friction in the ignition when turning the car off. Dont really think much about it until it wont turn the car off the key stays in accesories and will drain my battery, but the key will come out while in acc. under the steering column is a little rubber/plastic tab that can be removed and inside is a small button that when held down allows you to completely turn off the car in this situation. Problem #2

The third and final is that on the drivers side there is a little drawer type box that has the trunk release button in it, It has room for a pack of cigarettes/wallet/phone not a big space. a few weeks ago I went to open it and the whole drawer falls out like a broken clip or something.

I know this is lengthy and most may not read it, but for those who do read it. I would like to know if any of these happen to be common or just my luck, as well as where/how could I repair them.

Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
Same year and model. #3 is roughly the same problem as me but mine doesnt just fall out. It's just loose.

#1 sounds like you would need to take the sunroof apart and repair the broken piece inside. Hard to say without seeing it.

#2 I'm not sure about but I think someone on here will have an answer for ya.

Welcome!

#3 · (Edited)
Your car is 8 years old, it did good if you're only starting to have minor problems now. #1 Replace broken parts from a junkyard.
#2 This is regular wear and tear for any car, Imagine how many times that cylinder has been cycled in 8 years. You will need a new ignition cylinder. Some of these were re-called you might get lucky there.
#3. Look for one of these on the floor or at the bottom of the panel. Although it appears like 2 clips should be on the panel only one was ever installed.

This is where it goes. Probably worked itself out over time.

#4 ·
Knock on wood I haven't had any of these yet:)

If its automatic I've heard of ppl saying a wire breaks under the shifter. I know it happened to me with my grand prix

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum, Mashev!

While I'm limited in what I can do in regards to providing technical information, if you should ever have questions about warranty/recall matters, or want for me to work with you in setting up an appointment with a dealership and following up with them on that, I'm available!

Sarah, GM Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.