Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

High Gas Prices??? What High Gas Prices???

9K views 80 replies 24 participants last post by  money_man 
#1 ·
If for no other reason, high gas prices really can make you appreciate a fuel effecient car. I'm getting 38 mpg now that the weather's warming up. Could be better I suppose but it aint bad. :)

#46 ·
holy! wow thats crazy. ya i remember up in northern quebec i paid like 1.40 a liter

#48 ·
These prices kill the economy. The rich get richer and the poor......well we all know the story...

#54 ·
Lol I'm a mechanic, and the one thing I've learned is crap tools are awesome. At least where I work you usually lose or have to cut/modify/destroy a tool to get it to work. When I first started working I bought a big snap on tool kit. 6 years later most of those tools have either fallen into the nether regions of the boat, never to be seen again, or had to be cut down. Now I just buy made in china crap and I'm more than happy :)

#55 ·
i've worked on cars with my dad since I was 8. For mechanics you're correct, I just buy canadian tire tools because the only thing worth buying from snap on is their 6 point wrenches. For some reason though they are switching over to 12 point (which suck if you dont live in cali) which will end any buying of tools from me. With canadian tire if you break a ratchet or whatever it may be you take it in and free replacement.

With electrical (according to my uncle whos an electrician) its better to have a quality tool. He said my hands will thank me, also you lose tools far less in a building than you do fighting in tight spots on a boat or car.

#56 ·
It's a buck seventy five per litre in Norway ...another big oil exporter ..and you're among the happiest people on the planet ...the average household net worth in Canada is now > than that of the US. Canada survived the financial crisis almost completely unscathed... you carry less debt then we do...all of you have healthcare ...and when I cross the border from ME ..all the houses on the Canada side are neat and well maintained.. so stop your bellyaching ...Ay! :bigsmile:

#57 ·
Sometimes I think that happiest country in the world thing is only for everything from quebec and farther west. Eastern canadians will be happy when harper no longer runs things

#60 ·
lol US economy comback, right. you honestly think obamas agenda is the reason why gas prices are low?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

haha sry, response to an old post

#61 ·
Of coarse, Obama is taking care of everything. Haven't you been brain washed into that crap yet? Jeeze, get on the band wagon!!

Gas just went from 3.70 three weeks ago to 3.35 two weeks back to 3.69 this week. I like roller coasters but not this kind!

#63 ·
haha no, that band wagon ran me over ( and plenty of others that dont realize it ). so i jumped on a different one :p

#64 ·
^right, just messing with ya.

Beamer: I remember days similar when it was still $1.20 a gallon. Drove my Buick like a boss for $20 a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.