Trying to Hook Up Factory Amp to Base Model - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Trying to Hook Up Factory Amp to Base Model

Hello, I have recently tried to upgrade my stereo system in my base model cobalt, which had no subs, or the factory amp. My friend's G5 recently got wrecked, and I took it in as a donor car for my car. Out of the many projects I will be doing to my cobalt, upgrading the stereo system is the current goal. I already took out the sub (with its screws), and mounted it in the back of mine. I then proceeded to take out the Factory Amp of the Pioneer system from the G5 with good lengths of all the wires that go to it. I also cut the wiring that went to the sub and left as much of the wiring as I could. I simply thought it'd be plug and play, but nope.

I can't figure out the wiring. I know that some of the wires go to the speakers, and four go to the sub, but the ones in the harness of the middle, that just has to be to the radio, right? I know it sounds stupid, but I want the stereo almost stock for now. I know I can simply buy a aftermarket amp to make things way easier, but I'm working with what I got at the moment, and I want some thump as soon as possible.

FYI, I have an aftermarket radio already hooked up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:10 AM
Contributor

I am certain that folks here have the schematics but you might wish to give the year of your Cobalt and that of the G5.
There may be a minor difference in color code between cobal years and the G5 models.

BC
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Oh, yeah. Sorry bout that. The Base Model Cobalt that I am trying to hook this amp to is a 2005. The Pontiac G5 GT is a 2007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
amp , sound , sound system , subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode