Cobalt SS sub, how to make it work? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 09cobaltxfe
Cobalt SS sub, how to make it work?

eBay Motors: Chevy Cobalt Pioneer 9" Subwoofer Box Trunk Mount OEM (item 120403653081 end time Apr-15-09 08:45:56 PDT)

I really like this sub. Is there any way to make it work on a base cobalt? If I cant get it to work, I might buy it just for the enclosure.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE Coupe - Imperial Blue Metallic - Light Titanium Interior - 5 Speed Manual - Chrome Exhaust Tip - Spoiler - Shorty Antenna - Center Console - 6000k Bi Xenon HID's - Intake Silencer Delete - Tsudo Cat Back Exhaust - 5 Star Alloy Wheels - Yokohama AVIS TRZ Tires

Coming Soon: Injen SRI - Header/Downpipe - Tint - Audio - Eibach Sportlines - Black Interior - Power Window/Door Lock Conversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 05:08 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
I have one in my LS base Cobalt sedan. I had the now defunct Circuit City install. power is the basic install, wiring to get sound sounded a little tricky, but I dont really understand alot of that stuff anyway, reason I had the pros install. Any decent shop should be able to hook it up. You will need an amp to power the sub though. If it is done right it will sound better than the factory set up. I also Dynamatted the trucnk before install.
If you do buy, you will need the special bolts from GM to bolt it to the trunk wall in the factory location, nuts from a hardware store. To put the nuts on the bolts, get a piece of rubber tubing with an inner diameter of the nut, put the nut in the tube and use that to start the nuts on the bolts, then torque down with an deep socket and extension. Then let an audio shop do the wiring and save a couple bucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode