JL Audios connected to headunit in 07 Balt sedan LS - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

JL Audios connected to headunit in 07 Balt sedan LS

Hi !
Can someone give me their feedback on how much work is involved in installing JL Audio VR-600-CXi Evolution VR 6.0 in/150 mm Coaxials in the subject auto front doors and will the factory amp drive them adequately.

I already have a Subwoofer, and 1000W AMP and dont want to install another amp just to drive the 2 fronts. Do I need to buy adapters ?

I got the speakers as a gift and cant return them, and I dont want the hassle of selling on eBay.. Also the feedback is not bad on Crutchfields..

You can see the speakers here at Crutchfield at this link, though they are for the TRs and mine are the VRs..dont think it makes much difference:
JL Audio TR600-CXi Evolution™ TR Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Mostly I would like to know if these require a lot of sheet metal cutting, and since they come with their own (nice) grill covers, how do I remove the built in grill covers that are part of the doors?

Thank you.. BTW, This is a wonderful place to hang out and get excited bout my Balt..

John
Metuchen, NJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode