Is the USB input in the new 09's worth it? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Is the USB input in the new 09's worth it?

I'm checking out my options on a new Cobalt...has anyone upgraded to the USB input on the factory stereos? I'm just curious on wondering what it'll run. I have Creative Zune that would work great but...if i could fit every bit of music on a flash drive and play it that way, that would be awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Newcomer

I know it works with the iPod and flash drives. Since Creative is a Windows Media device, it stores and presents all of its music as if it were a flash drive, so I bet it would work. Why not bring your mp3 player with you to the dealership and try it out?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Newcomer

Yes, I have had my car for about 2 weeks now and only use my usb jump drive. 16GB of most of my music is nice to have where ever I go. It wasn't a feature that I was looking into but I don't think I could do without now.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Forum Regular

ugh my dealership when i bought my 09 told me that it was only available on the ss / tc not the lt model.

09 cobalt LT - gmpp sri, gmpp catback, eibach sportlines, twm short shifter, enkei 17x8 inch wheels, air box mod, tinted windows and tails.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Contributor

I've got the Victory Red LT Sedan and it came with USB radio. It was a deal breaker for me if it didn't have one. I listen to my iPod exclusively and it works great. I have plugged a USB drive in with folders of music and it also plays great. All controls are selectable from the radio and you have most of the iPod menu with a three line display and you can also select folders and artist, songs etc with a USB drive plugged in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode