Aftermarket flip-up full-screen radios - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Aftermarket flip-up full-screen radios

Ok, I already have an aftermarket radio I plan on putting in (Alpine CDA-9885)but I was contemplating saving up and buying one of those motorized flip-up screens and was wondering if anyone else has any experience with these kinds of radios and if so, are they worth the money?

XBL Gamertag: The Uberklaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 07:11 AM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
I have known many people that bought those kind and after about 12-16 months were replacing them for a fixed face. Motors kept breaking and locking in one positionor another. My brother in law used to work at Best buy and he said to stay away from those kind.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 07:42 AM
Newcomer

Flip-up

Hmmm...originally I was going to do a flip-up with my carputer/dvd - now I'm having second thoughts. The motorized problems give me nightmares for the future. Especially living in michigan where the weather is all over the place.

May be changing my mind soon.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to burksdb Send a message via Skype™ to burksdb
i would just get an in-dash one ive got a friend who works at a car shops he said they repair the motors all the time.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Veteran

I have a flip out dvd player and I love it. I do plan on getting another in dash one that is not flip out, but it is not because I am having problems with mine.

Here is what mine looks like.

Injen CAI/SRI Intake/2.25" Custom Catback Exhaust/Eibach Sportline Springs/17" Drag Concept Rim/ARK Shorty Antenna/Black Out Tail Lights, Side Markers, 3rd Break Light
2006 Black LS
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Forum Regular

iv got a double din. so its the lcd screen ones, but it doesn flip out. the screen sits in the opening its nice man. go for those.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikshift View Post
iv got a double din. so its the lcd screen ones, but it doesn flip out. the screen sits in the opening its nice man. go for those.
I agree that the double din are better. I will be going with double din because when you have a flip out one it blocks your vents and I don't really like that.

Injen CAI/SRI Intake/2.25" Custom Catback Exhaust/Eibach Sportline Springs/17" Drag Concept Rim/ARK Shorty Antenna/Black Out Tail Lights, Side Markers, 3rd Break Light
2006 Black LS
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Forum God

ya definately go double din. thats what I'm gonna get
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Veteran

As long as there is room for a double din (which our cars have room for), then go Double DIN...don't waste time or money on a flip-out style Single DIN.

In the past I've had cars with only a Single DIN opening and I would say OK in that situation.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode