a little bit more sound? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
007
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 98
a little bit more sound?

If I just want a little bit more bass in my music and I change my speakers and add a amp to the rear 6x9s I should be laughing right? I want some more sound but dont wanna kill trunk space
007 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Forum Regular
 
pillowpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
If I just want a little bit more bass in my music and I change my speakers and add a amp to the rear 6x9s I should be laughing right? I want some more sound but dont wanna kill trunk space
the awnser is yes. I amped up some 6x9s and got pulled over for it. Very loud!
pillowpants is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Forum Regular
 
burksdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 114
Send a message via AIM to burksdb Send a message via Skype™ to burksdb
yea ive got my 6x9's amped 100x2 and it sounds great. only problem that i have found is that they tend to overpower the front speakers so u might want to get a 4 channel amp and then change the front and rears.

ive been looking at getting a custom box built to make a wall right after my back seats for my 2 10's to save as much space as possible, but idk where to begin or how it would sound.
burksdb is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Forum Regular
 
pillowpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by burksdb View Post
yea ive got my 6x9's amped 100x2 and it sounds great. only problem that i have found is that they tend to overpower the front speakers so u might want to get a 4 channel amp and then change the front and rears.

ive been looking at getting a custom box built to make a wall right after my back seats for my 2 10's to save as much space as possible, but idk where to begin or how it would sound.


You can run all 4 tweets to a two channel amp like i did here and sounds great but yes a four channel you could adjust better but anyways my stock fronts are very loud off amp

Last edited by pillowpants; 06-04-2009 at 09:56 AM.
pillowpants is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Forum Regular
 
burksdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 114
Send a message via AIM to burksdb Send a message via Skype™ to burksdb
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillowpants View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

You can run all 4 tweets to a two channel amp like i did here and sounds great but yes a four channel you could adjust better but anyways my stock fronts are very loud off amp
haha i have the same rockford p103 amp, i wish i could find my chrome covers that go over the top lol.

with the rockford how loud do you have it turned up for the stocks?
burksdb is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Forum Regular
 
pillowpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by burksdb View Post
haha i have the same rockford p103 amp, i wish i could find my chrome covers that go over the top lol.

with the rockford how loud do you have it turned up for the stocks?
6x9s are r types and i have it 3/4 up for all tweets
pillowpants is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Forum Regular
 
burksdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 114
Send a message via AIM to burksdb Send a message via Skype™ to burksdb
ahh sweet.
i'm trying to find someone to build a decent box that will make a wall off my back seats in the trunk so i can get good sound, but leave me enough room for a stroller lol.
burksdb is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Forum Regular
 
pillowpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 74
i see

Last edited by pillowpants; 06-04-2009 at 09:55 AM.
pillowpants is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 07:42 AM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
finnscobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lower Alabama
Posts: 2,473
Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Check out Ebay and get the factory sub from an LT or SS model Balt and have that installed and wired to an amp. Thats is what I did and I can still take my family of 4 on a week vacation without worrying about lack of space. The factory sub gits into the drivers side corner of the trunk and you loose minimal room. I also Dynamatted the trunk and the sound is awesome. I recently got a compliment on the sound volume and quality from some people at a car show that I went, didnt compete just went for ideas.
finnscobalt is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Cobalt Specialist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 1,115
ampped speakers=sex!

2007 Black LT coupe
35% Tint all around - Completly debadged - Side Moldings Removed
KICKER ZX 650 RMS interior amp - KICKER ZX1000 RMS Sub Amp
1 KICKER 12" L7 - All new pioneer interiors - Pioneer Avic Z2 W/ GPS
Rockford 1 Farad capcitor - Trunk, Doors, and Rear deck Dynamated - PS2 with guitar hero
Blue footwell neons - Two Alpine type S Tweeters

Engine mods:
K&N air filter
^^^RIP^^^
2006 TBSS!
xyankees214x is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome