Swapping factory radio help?? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Swapping factory radio help??

first off want to say hi and new to the forum. i just bought an 06 cobalt lt and it does not have an ipod attachment or anything of that sort. i was looking into buying the 07 factory radio. whow would i go about doing this and what would i need. links would be great. cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Veteran

Garage
Hey, welcome. I think you would just pretty much follow this until you got to where you need to be
Radio removal

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Veteran

Doesn't work. Try searching, but to give you a summary the 05-06 have one type of wiring harness on the back and 07+ are different. They can't be re-pinned either as that's been tried and just doesn't work.

Your best bet is to buy aftermarket. If it did work I would sell you my factory deck, because it's just sitting in my garage, I upgraded from the 07 base to the 07 w/ XM and MP3. On top of just replacing a stock deck, you need to go to a dealership and have them reprogram the deck to work. Each car's radio is programmed to ONLY work with that cars VIN...so a reprogram is in order and it will cost you at least $50 (I was charged $75 I think). So in all you'll be spending enough to justify an aftermarket head unit that will sound better and give you more features.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe

Last edited by 07CobaltLS; 08-11-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode