Having issues with installing an amp and sub - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Having issues with installing an amp and sub

hey guys, i'm brand new at doing installations and wiring and so far, i've changed my rear speakers in my cobalt. Now i have a stock head unit and i just bought an amp a wiring kit and a 12 in rockford punch p3 series. I removed the head unit and noticed that there is no remote connection for the remote wire.? What do i need to do for that?

also where do you think i should place my amp? under my seat or in my trunk?

sorry for such basic questions, i'm just brand new to all this and insted of having someone do it, i'm the typa guy that likes to learn how.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Sorry i was on my phone and it didnt show the first sticky haha. so please dont yell at me about this post, thanks.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Veteran

Got it all under control now? As for the amp...in the trunk is easiest as you don't have to worry about cable lengths being very long. Mount it to the back of your seat or on the sub box (easiest places).

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode