sub box - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Audio/Video Talk about Chevy Cobalt Audio/Video and other mobile electronics here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

sub box

ok so i my cuzin gave me his old sub box still good and everything just needs subs, the thing is my friend saw it today and told me its not good because its plywood and i should get on in mdf? in only 17 so i have no idea on this stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 08:00 AM
Forum Regular

MDF is a much better way to go! It will last longer and be able to with stand more of a beating from the subs.

mods: eibach sportlines springs- GMPP SRI, TWM short throw- 2.25" Custom exhaust (except headers)Racing Solution Catless 2.5 Down Pipe, Single resonator in middle of exhaust, flowmaster race muffler (about 14" from tip to tip) 4" magnaflow tip- gen1 halos- 5% tint- blacked out wheel caps- under-dash blue neons- one 12" Jensen with 1200watt 2channel Sony amp
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy10 View Post
ok so i my cuzin gave me his old sub box still good and everything just needs subs, the thing is my friend saw it today and told me its not good because its plywood and i should get on in mdf? in only 17 so i have no idea on this stuff
im also 17 and i learned some of this as i went with my subs. mdf is a ton better.

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode